A Byron update

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AbbeysDad

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Byron continues the good fight but it's an uphill battle with chemo and radiation. His pain has lessened some so he's been able to reduce the amount of Tylenol he takes. His appetite is better which is good because last week and the week before he didn't eat much at all. It's all he can do to take his morning shower and he has to rest afterwards in his recliner. There are days he doesn't have the gumption to even turn the pc on so it was a few days this time before I got a response and I feared the worst. My grandmother who in her mid 80's used to say that every day was a gift... but not if you're in pain and suffering.
I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say hang in there my friend, your friends here at TFF miss you very much.

Thank you for the update! We do worry, and we miss you, Byron! You're an irreplaceable member of the forum.
I'm very happy to hear that Byron has less pain and more of an appetite.

Keep fighting Byron, you can do this.

May God hold you and heal you. We love you, Byron!

Keep fighting Byron, glad your pain has lessened :)

Take care and take it easy

Well, I am back online, at least for the immediate present. I will choose my postings carefully, they will be selective so I don't wear myself out as I still have barely any physical strength and that does affect the thinking too. But I glanced through the new posts today and could not resist jumping in when the subject was hatchetfish, so the ice as they say is broken.

I have cycle 3 of the chemotherapy beginning tomorrow--two weeks of treatment (one each for about 3 hours on days 1 and 8) followed by a "free" week is a cycle. My onocologist has not decided if it will be 4, 5 or 6 cycles. Extreme lack of energy is expected, so no worry there, but it does limit one's life; this would keep me home even without covid. Overcoming the nausea I had 24/7 for more than two months was a milestone, so I can take being tired even if it does mean my knees can sometimes buckle under me and just getting out of a chair can leave me panting. What the future will then bring when this set of treatments have finished is an unknown.

I do not know what to say to all those whose kind words in this and the other "update" threads Mike posted have truly made a real difference. "Thank you" seems so inadequate, but no one could mean it more than I do.

So glad you feel well enough to join us, even if it is only now and again! I hope that your treatments are successful and that the side effects are not so bad this time. You deserve a break after all you are going through.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back