A Big Eating Machine Is Know A Little Machine.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

to tell the truth i would get rid of the red snake heads NOW

they get massive 60 inch + and a large one is a scary fish to look at

you wont be able to feed it flake food it will need meaty foods like prawn mussel cockle

it will eat other fish near the same size

i have seen a red snake head eat another red snake head the same size

this kind of fish should be bannd

lets see some pictures of your pond

As T1KARMANN said, however i disagree if you have the facility to keep these,they are stunning.....I think however they should deffo not be sold at fish shops, I strongly think for any monster fish, should have to get a licence in order to keep them, first of proving you have the correct tank to be able to handle there full size, and also if you come to sell it has to be done via a licenced group...

OKAY, OKAY...... why am I having this feeling that you people are attacking me :blink: well okay I will try to get rid of them but how, where, when??? I they are as bad as you guys say, then I believe you guys but who will take them I can't just give them to my friend who gave them to me!!

Not having a pop mate, dont worry.....people just think you dont really have big enough accomadtion....

as long as your ponds as big as you say,you should be fine, be careful is all advised as micro's are a predator and pretty aggressive at that, what monks said is true, be careful if they got into the waterways you will end up with big problems within your waterways

Not having a pop mate, dont worry.....people just think you dont really have big enough accomadtion....

as long as your ponds as big as you say,you should be fine, be careful is all advised as micro's are a predator and pretty aggressive at that, what monks said is true, be careful if they got into the waterways you will end up with big problems within your waterways
there is nothing to worry about, where I live there are no rivers, lakes and any other fresh water sources, but if they are as bad as you guys are saying....then maybe I will take them to a public aquarium......if they will take them. what do you guys think?

its not i don't believe you about the pond i would just like to see it

the size pond stated should be fine but the red snakeheads will eat most if not all of the other fish in the pond as Long as you are happy to keep just red snake heads in the pond then go for it

but i know for sure if i had a pond that size i would want to keep more than one fish in it

it'd be interesting to keep a full grown specimen in a pond.

imagine having a 4 footer swimming around and having to throw 5 pounds of meat every week to feed it!

That is one mean fish. I'd keep my hands out of the tank if I had one of those in it. lol

I'd try public aquariums, zoos, wildlife parks etc.

If not try LFS? Maybe for their display tanks.

Such a shame your friend has put you in this position, wonder - did your friend realise....

I'd try public aquariums, zoos, wildlife parks etc.

If not try LFS? Maybe for their display tanks.

Such a shame your friend has put you in this position, wonder - did your friend realise....
hehe....don't worry much about my lad (friend), he did realised this, after all he is a great fishkeeper and breeder, but for some reason he seems to dislike cichlids very much, I wonder why!! hahaha, he had been bitten by a pair of Jaguar cichlids that are guarding thier brood LOOOL, he had been hating cichlids ever since then heheheh!! about the snakeheads, my friend told that he gave me those beasts to see how will I react toward them!! and he said that I failed the test....HOW PATHATIC AND ANNOYING, imagen if it happened to you!!

Nice snakehead:) If all else fails depending on the size you oculd eat it. Snakeheads are used as food in their native countries.

I dont think on the vid it looked terribly aggressive , all snakeheads seem to eat the same just not many can eat 10inch bass.

yeah I goes you are right....... to a public aquarium they will go!! I know a public aquarium that my uncle is running it...... maybe I will ask him about the snakeheads if he can take them and put them in one his large aquarium...... maybe the one that has Arapaimas and red tailed catfish......... what do you guys think? i'm going to ask my uncle to take them, but what if he don't......... Things will may be a bit nasty with the snakeheads!!

Like i said all else failes...kill it humainly (if theres such a thing) and eat it , they sold as food in their native countries generally.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back