£100 Bettas £200 A Pair

Disco

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I visited my not so local but favourite fish shop today and watched them recieving there fish delivery. On it there were some betta macrostoma which were labeled up at £200 a pair. I was just wandering if these little fish are realy that special.

They might of been hand picked wild macrostoma and yes that would make them worth it as their natural habitat is being destroyed so they are becoming very rare :) please, if your going to buy them, research, research, research!

Bret

Not something I can afford but I will keep my eye on them and see how there colours develop once they settle in.

Here are some pics of macrostoma, they are indeed the most expensive of betta species. That must be a pretty special shop if they got some in :nod:

Hi there,

I was lucky to pick up a pair ealier this year (BAS in Bolton had a small number of them in this year), very pretty fish, just have to persuade them to breed.

The price quoted is a bit expensive, it depends on the source, but certainly expect to pay over £100 per pair in the UK.

My understanding is that they are protected by laws passed by the Sultan of Brunei (Brunei Beauty being there common name), with it being a 'capital' offence if you are caught smuggling wild fish out of Brunei.

Andrew

DSC00017.JPGWent back to the shop again today to have another look and took this picture with my phone camera.

Most reactions

Back