90 Litre - Sand - Cory, What Fish Can I Keep Them With

Mr Spoon

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
493
Reaction score
3
Points
18
Location
East Sussex
Hi all, i've just set up a 90L tank, using play sand as substrate (first time i've used sand) , 2 pieces of bogwood and some amazon sword plants. i want to get some cory (not sure which ones yet). Anyway, what other fish could i keep with them?
 
Corys are totally non-aggressive, so you can keep them with most tropical community fish, as long as they're not fin-nippers or likely to be very territorial.
 
I'm thinking a small shoal of tetra's and a fish that will stand out, maybe a nice colourfull betta. Any thoughts. Cant wait to get some fish :fun: Hurry up and cycle filter!
 
you can keep tetras! but then no betta as his fins might get nipped =(

you could try a pair of Rams? or apistos?

a bristlenose pleco to clean up algae :)
 
you can keep tetras! but then no betta as his fins might get nipped =(

you could try a pair of Rams? or apistos?

a bristlenose pleco to clean up algae :)

I like that idea :drool: , i had rams in a community tank years ago,lovely looking fish but they didn't last very long. Are they hard to keep?. I've never seen a bristlenose in LFS before, are they hard to find?.
 
Rams need soft water with a Ph of 6-6.5, it is also better to have a more mature tank for them. Give them that and they arn't any harder to keep than others. (although you do get some bad batches in shops) as for the bristlenose, I have never been to a shop and not seen one. If you ask I am sure they will get some in.
 
Thanks for info, looks like i cant have rams.Tested my water ph and its between 7.5 - 8. Do you know if cory's are ok at that ph?
I will ask about bristle nose pleco.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top