90 gallon stocking?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ethank984

Reaction score
i recently set up a 90 gallon aquarium with a fluval 405 and a fluval 206 for filtration. I already have 5 red eye tetras, 2 red minor tetras, a silver flying fox, and two uaru. Is it possible to have 3 angelfish in this setup, or will it be overstocked?

I think your setup is overstocked as is; uaru grow to 1' so you want to rehome them to something like 120 gallons.

As for the other fish, maybe focus on getting larger numbers for your schools (aim for 8-10).

Angelfish will not work. Aside from the uaru issue, tetras that fin nip (like the Red Minor, also know as Serpae) are the worst idea for angelfish. The Red Eye Tetra are much the same though sometimes a bit less feisty but still not angelfish tankmates.

Ok, I think I will just leave it be. I don’t feel like I am very overstocked, as my filtration is rated up to 150 gallons, and most uaru only grow to 10 inches in aquariums (still quite large). I figured they would be fine in my tank as aquaadvisor says my tanks stock is only at 83%, and my filtratation is at 121%. (I know aquadvisor isn’t the most accurate, but I still use it for rough outlines), and most sites say that 75 is a minimum tank size for a pair. I also do frequent cleanings (at least once a week, usually 2) However, if the fish show signs of stress when they are full grown, I will absolutely look into a larger tank.

Thanks for them help!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back