yvez9
you don't know JACK FISH
Hi all
I haven't posted here in ages but used to be a regular member here. Anyhow, my 12 inch oscar passed away yesterday and I have a 90 gallon tank to re-stock.
The oscar got some disease that I could not fix. He was lethargic for the past 4 or 5 months. He was about 4 years old. Before anyone asks, I can handle a fish tank as I have 3 running with fish 5 years and older and had up to 5 running at once in the past. I learned everything I know here
Currently, there is a 13 inch common pleco in there. A large piece of drift wood and 2 pvc pipes. The rest, the oscar took out. I plan on putting plastic plants in it though.
I'm looking as re-stocking with more fish now, a large community tank.
My wife refused the idea of silver dollars. I would definately like having more then 1 fish in there. We'd like a shoal of tetras, like 20 or so. I would also like a larger fish, mayve 5 or 6 inches long, that would not eat the tetras. Since the tank is quite deep (20 inches) perhaps small cichlids at the bottom like keyholes or bolivian rams (4 or 5 total), 4 or 5 smaller loaches, a large school of tetras (20) and something else (the centerpiece fish) that would not eat the smaller fishies! I would of course introduce everything seperately.
Any ideas?
I haven't posted here in ages but used to be a regular member here. Anyhow, my 12 inch oscar passed away yesterday and I have a 90 gallon tank to re-stock.
The oscar got some disease that I could not fix. He was lethargic for the past 4 or 5 months. He was about 4 years old. Before anyone asks, I can handle a fish tank as I have 3 running with fish 5 years and older and had up to 5 running at once in the past. I learned everything I know here
Currently, there is a 13 inch common pleco in there. A large piece of drift wood and 2 pvc pipes. The rest, the oscar took out. I plan on putting plastic plants in it though.
I'm looking as re-stocking with more fish now, a large community tank.
My wife refused the idea of silver dollars. I would definately like having more then 1 fish in there. We'd like a shoal of tetras, like 20 or so. I would also like a larger fish, mayve 5 or 6 inches long, that would not eat the tetras. Since the tank is quite deep (20 inches) perhaps small cichlids at the bottom like keyholes or bolivian rams (4 or 5 total), 4 or 5 smaller loaches, a large school of tetras (20) and something else (the centerpiece fish) that would not eat the smaller fishies! I would of course introduce everything seperately.
Any ideas?







