The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Rather than the usual pair in my 29 gallon (who have yet to successfully raise their fry), a pair of Orange Chromides in my 80 gallon tank decided to pair off. They are about 2 weeks in from first laying of eggs.

awww, are they eating the infusoria or whatever its called?

awww, are they eating the infusoria or whatever its called?
I have been feeding them fry food and baby brine (pain in the butt, those) and there are bits of almond and oak leaves in there, which do have infusoria. I just started a microworm culture, as well as a scud culture.

Try egg yolk like this

All of the fry were missing when I turned the tank lights on. I am disappointed, but not that surprised. This batch did last longer than any of my previous dozen or so.

All of the fry were missing when I turned the tank lights on. I am disappointed, but not that surprised. This batch did last longer than any of my previous dozen or so.
NOOOOOOO
i was looking forward so much to see them grow...

NOOOOOOO
i was looking forward so much to see them grow...
Me too. I think I am just missing something with the chromides. I have tried taking the eggs and fry away, I have tried letting the parents raise them, I have tried isolating the parents and fry from other fish. Maybe the water isn't hard enough? I have my main breeding pair in with crushed coral in the filter media to raise ph, and have tried the parents in brackish water. The results almost never change.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back