80 Gal, Mbuna Journal

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I'm pretty sure it was a Mod or someone on here a lot w/lot of exp that told me that they'd be ok as long they have enough room to have their own space or something like that!! I'll search for it and if I find it I'll copy paste it/link it.

Thanks Sexy XD, Or should I say "MAM" :good:
:lol: You're funny :good:

Can I ask why you call everyone XD? I've been wondering...

XD?, Look at it closer lol, Its mean to be a smiley :D <-----Should look like that but its more of a ROFLMAO think then just a Lol. If you catch my drift that is :drool:

One good reason why plecs are a risky choice for Mbuna...

plecoredeye.jpg

Yup, blinded, not a one off incident either.

*Quotes*

Every standard pleco I ever tried in my mbuna tanks eventually ended up with no eyes. They can live fine that way & continue the same way. Many of them were killed & eaten eventually, but the eye removal always came first.

omg same thing happened to 2 of my plecs!! both of them had their eyes eaten out! and both of them and the cichlids and the catfish grew up together.

my fish attacked my plecs and they were all the same size. took the pllecs out

One good reason why plecs are a risky choice for Mbuna...

plecoredeye.jpg

Yup, blinded, not a one off incident either.

*Quotes*

Every standard pleco I ever tried in my mbuna tanks eventually ended up with no eyes. They can live fine that way & continue the same way. Many of them were killed & eaten eventually, but the eye removal always came first.

omg same thing happened to 2 of my plecs!! both of them had their eyes eaten out! and both of them and the cichlids and the catfish grew up together.

my fish attacked my plecs and they were all the same size. took the pllecs out

Maybe it was a hap :p

Damn feel sorry for that pleco, ill be sure to keep a eye on it if i get one

As for the poor plecs, I wonder how big the tank was?...make sure you have different places for them to hide! I know they like hiding in PVC pipe. Could be hidden in the back of the tank behind your rock decor?! Just and idea.....

This is a problem thats happend to many different people, all with different tanks :) some very large, some smaller, its just a risk you have to be prepared for.

Well one of my synodontis Petricola died, and i suspect the other is to follow

Well one of my synodontis Petricola died, and i suspect the other is to follow

Sorry to hear that ... :rip:

How though ?? It wasn't the cichlids was it ?? I though yours were only juvies at the mo ?? ...

TBH im really not sure, Not waterquality issue as the rest are fine and health, and the other syno is fine also.......I put a sucking loach in there yday from other tank to try and rid algae so im thinking he could of killed

TBH im really not sure, Not waterquality issue as the rest are fine and health, and the other syno is fine also.......I put a sucking loach in there yday from other tank to try and rid algae so im thinking he could of killed
:-( I'm sorry to hear about the poor fishy too. :sad:
Just because they "look" fine doesn't mean they are. :crazy: Mine still swam about and did their thing when the water quality wasn't doing to well. I had to do water changes to lower the levels of ammonia and then nitrite and then all is fine.
What are your water stats? Test with a liquid test kit. I would bet that could be what it is??!! There's a ton of fish in there and I don't think the tank would be cycled to handle the bio-load since it wasn't prepped w/a fishless cycle??

What are your stats???? Finding this out w/a good test kit could help save any other fish, if this is the prob. :nod:

Oh, right .... yea like Kj said, just because they look fine doesn't mean they are. Maybe he was ill before you bought him ?? ..

Most reactions

Back