6 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just keep one species. Dont combine killifish sp.

i know that but i was wondering if any of those species listed above would be okay for a species tank and some corydoras habrosus like you suggested eariler. anything else i would be able to add or is that it?

Aph. calliurum. for ease. Australe is fine

so i shouldnt pick any gardneri's or the Aphyosemion striatum?

OK final and concisel answer.
In the tank you are going to set up
Pick from either
Aphyosemions aus, cal or str.
They will sit nicely with small corys. Fp. gardneri may or may not bother them (depending on the size of the corys)
all other killi sp. you mentioned I would dis-count from keeping.
and go with that.

okay, so now im confused. im really sorry. so i should pick between Aphyosemion australe, striatum, or cal?

so i should pick between Aphyosemion australe, striatum, or cal?
yes!
Nothing to be confused about. Pick one and do some research.
BigC

okay sorry, thank you so much for your help. i will probably pick the striatum or australe.

okay, well i have decided to get the australe. i have some questions about them though.

-how many should i keep (the tank is going to be a species tank witha shoal of corydoras habrosus, tank is 20 gallons) and what should the male to female ratio be?
-what should the temp. be?
-do the have any special requirements like a densely planted aquarium? (which i think they do)
-are they easy to find in a fish store? i know my local lfs doesnt usually get any killis but if i asked them to order some, would it be difficult?

If a killifish is available in your local shop it is probably ok. 99% of the time, the rare and difficult stuff is only available through other breeders.

The easy stuff that can be bred en masse, and kept alive by wholesalers will be all that is generally available

I suggest striatum. Great looking, stays small, not too fussy, and in a well planted, and well fed tank, will probably breed anyway!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back