Reason for Sale: Red Tailed Shark doesn't like them
Delivery or Collection: Collection "Or could meet if local"
Sales price: £12
Photograph:Stock pic at top

Crossocheilus-siamensis-algae-eater-fish-pictures.jpg

f6ae6ef8.jpg

4e3f4ec7.jpg

Hi all
Sadly i'm going to have to let my 5 siamese algae eaters go.
I bought these originally as i had an outbreak of brush algae, And these guys are the only fish that will eat this algae, In fact they cleared all my tanks up perfectly from it all. leaving nothing behind!

I have since purchased a red tailed shark who was fine at first with them, When all kept together in a large 4ft bow tank
But i recently moved them all to a 3ft and now the shark chases them all day long,
Their very quick fish, and can get away from him most of the time,
But i feel it's unfair to keep the two together as they obviously don't get along, so unfortunately someone has to go,
and i do love my shark..

Anyway, They really need a good home, Pref someone who knows what their doing
and can supply them at least a 3ft home in a peaceful community tank

Crossocheilus siamensis
Is a useful algae eater, eating thread algae and the brush algae ignored by other fish. They also eat planarians ( flatworms ) which can become a nuisance in the aquarium.
SAE can be slightly territorial with their own species so they are probably best kept either single or as a group of 5 or more in large tanks.
Unlike the Chinese Algae Eaters the Siamese Algae Eaters will eat lots of algae. The more common Chinese Algae Eater stops eating algae as it grows larger, becomes aggressive, and annoys other fish.

As they are not aggressive, they can be kept in any community tank big enough. Their active behavior might stress some sensitive species like dwarf cichlids and prevent them from spawning. They should not be kept with Red-tailed Sharks (Epalzeorhynchus bicolor) unless the aquarium is large and well planted, because that species is very aggressive towards all its relatives.
A very hardy fish, it is easy to keep and feed, eating both algae and just about anything else put into the tank, such as flake food, pellets, live foods, parboiled vegetables, etc. It does a diligent job of removing algae from plants without harming them, as well as from decorations and aquarium glass. Considered by many aquarists as a necessity in any well-planted aquarium. Cover the tank carefully however, as these fish are strong jumpers.
SAE grows up to 14cm needs a well filtered oxygenated water with a pH around 7 and temperature 25'C

All 5 fish are fully grown, and shoale happly together, Approx 1.5yrs old by now.
All were in top condition before i moved them, Now the shark has picked a few scales off the sides of them, Which will look fine once moved away from the shark,

I will add some of my own pictures shortly,if i can get them to stay still long enough, before the shark appears

added photo is a stock photo for now!

Collection from Puckeridge, Ware, Hertfordshire

Sales price £12 for all 5

any questions, please just ask
thanx
Ben

:good:

All negotiations and questions must be posted in this sales thread and NOT by PM.

Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.
The agreement of the time and date of collection or postage, or confirmation that items have been posted should also be posted in the thread.

Please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in more details or are interested in buying.
If you suspect any foul play, please use the report button and the moderating team will deal with all reports.

By posting on this forum you are deemed to have agreed with and accepted the rules set out above. Please be aware that not using the form above will result in your topic being deleted.

georgeous fish, im in essex where could we meet, im not at work at the mo preferably with a coffee shop, do you fancy some bristlenose plecs? di

Hi mate,, Could meet you at the m11 service station Bishops Stortford "nr stanstead airport" sometime if any good for you?
Would also be interested in the Bristlenoses, If you have some to swop
what size are they? sexable yet?

many thanx
Ben
:D

yes very sexable i have more males though,i dont know the area at all, how far past stansted, are you available during the day, may be monday or wednesday probably lunch time di

Hi again mate
cool. well would def be up for a straight swop of fish if interested then

i'm actually on the A120 which goes straight to colchester,
so could meet along there somewhere, do you know the McDonalds on A120 just next to Stanstead Airport, There is also a Hotel there - The Holiday Inn Express
Days aren't a problem, but earlier or later would be better, so i can get some work done either before or after
cheers
Ben

Hi mate, yer sounds perfect,, apart from having to wake up,, empty a fish tank and catch the little buggers :lol:
will pm you my tel number etc

thanx again
Ben

can make it later, let me know, but thats about the earlist as my friends daughter goes off to school at 8 so will leave soon after about 8.30 and i think its about an hour or so, ive got to get you the bristlenose, but i used to have sae and they are fast di

Hey again, No don't worrie that will be fine, i will prob catch the fish night before and move into my breeding tank so i can get them quickly in the morning
i'll be dropping my boy off at school 8.45, so should be there by 9.30ish aswell

I'd love to take these off of you been after some for ages. Any chance you get up the A1 to Notts any time??? or be willing to meet half way or something?? would not ask for postage as I dont know as I'd be happy with that!

sorry going to have to cancel the fish, problems with tank sorry diane

Ahh shame mate, no worries at all though,, will try to find them a new home.. :good:

I'd love to take these off of you been after some for ages. Any chance you get up the A1 to Notts any time??? or be willing to meet half way or something?? would not ask for postage as I dont know as I'd be happy with that!

Hi mate, sorry bit to far away, and don't travel that way at all. also yes never posted and don't really want to with these guys, sorry
thanx
Ben

Hi really need these guys gone asap if anyones interested?

managed to take a couple of pics of one of them tonight, really hard as they are now in constant hiding,
as you can see, looking a little tatty from the constant hasseling from the red tailed shark

f6ae6ef8.jpg

4e3f4ec7.jpg

Hi,

If they still need rehoming by the end of the month ill have them (if they can hold out that long).
I can collect as well.

HI mate,, thanx for the reply, i still have them at the moment, when would you be interested in collecting?
Cheers
Ben

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back