5Ft Seabray Dolphin Tank With Sa/ca Cichlids

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I thought I'd post a couple more pics of the sevs, these ones show how much of a greedy guts they all are, check out their tummies after a deshelled pea and bloodworm main course
laugh.gif

[removed 1 pic to speed up page load]
sev_greed2.jpg

It's been a while since I posted some pics, especially of my lovely rotkeils, so here you are...I've posted clickable thumbnails as there are enough big pics on this page already :)

A partial tank shot when food is on it's way (or so they think greedy gits
laugh.gif
):

Rotkeil's all growing extremely fast, 5 of the 6 are like this, I will be needing to rehome 4 of the 6 soonish, once I have decided which 2 to keep
blink.gif
:

Rotkeil odd one out, this guy (I think due to temper
crazy.gif
) has a short man's complex if you know what I mean, he's smaller than the other 5 and looks a little different in colour to the others, less orange tint. He defends his patch furiously except again the guy at the bottom who freaks him out!:

The geo odd one out, this I think is a Geophagus sp. Dicroster, the other 4 are def Orange Head Tapajos:

And there are 9 juvi Honduran Red Points in there too, 2 of which are Leucistic and bolder than the others, I've caught them flaring at everything and they 1-1.5" long! I plan on keeping the 2 Leu' and giving the rest away:

Oh and the tank good a new gadget, to liven things up a little more and get those fish doing their exercises! A powerhead (NeWave 2000):

Hope you like....

Great to see the babies doing so well :good:

I thought it was about time I uploaded some new pics of some of the guys, so find below a selection of my favourites I took today, all are clickable thumbnails :)

Port Acara - big brute these days currently got the "wood" end of the tank to himself

Geophagus sp. Dicrozoster - I suspect it may be a runt, it was sold as a tapajos and has grow realllllly slowly

Geophagus sp. Red Head Tapajos - all 4 well mannered and lively fish, the first to "beg" for food!

Severum sp. Rotkeil - what can I say, gentle giants of the tank, not getting pushed around by the acara so much now and seem to have a well established pecking order in the group

Honduran Red Point (Leucistic) - nasty little "gill flarer"! Quite something to watch, he fears none of the other fish and I can only hope he gets his piece of the tank and sticks to it. He bred at 1" with a female leucistic that he was in with which I put a stop to, no more CA cichlids will go into this tank as I don't want any breeding of more HRP.......

I wanted the tank to be all South American but I just can't part with the leucistic HRP...
Longer term I will sell on most of the rotkeils leaving 1 male and 1 female, unless no pairing takes place in which case I'll probably keep 2 males instead as the female is a right moody one
laugh.gif

Then I expect I have room for one other species of fish that can take cr4p from any of those that are in there now, I'm thinking a choc (smaller variety) but would love a nic...asking for trouble though I suspect...

Nice to see how they are growing the HRP is fantastic. The Rottie in the pic is a definate male, lovely face markings.

Not much point, I've removed some slate so the cave system is smaller (too many squables over it), put other bits in so that the far left is rocky but open higher up and that's about it.

My tank is alright looking but not too dissimilar from the pic in the first post, nothing amazing though, no real plants anymore etc. I do more water changes rather than cleaning the back glass panel for example as I see that as better time spent and the fish prefer that I am sure...

It along with the 2 filters will get a good spring clean and rescape soon then I'll post some nice full tank shots
good.gif

Here's the grubby tank in need of some care (point and shot quicky):
tankshot.jpg

As you can see perspex sheet might do a great job of stopping any scratches on the tank from rocks etc but it also does a great job of getting manky with algae...

I could also do with a black background but that might just have to wait until a house move whenever that is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back