5Ft Seabray Dolphin Tank With Sa/ca Cichlids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh yes, pics galore once settled, might not be tomorrow either as I am thinking I may keep the tank lights off all day, and that doesn't help taking pics one bit (I don't like using the flash too much)

Thanks for the compliments, I will need to rehome the FM and Cory at some point I think, they just don't belong in the tank in my mind. I am surprised I've not seen anyone else with port acara on here, there not in abundance in the trade but he wasn't expensive either (£1.80).

I am wondering if as he gets bigger still whether he'll turn out like this or not:
red-port-acara.jpg

I could have a female I guess although the fins suggest otherwise....

I find the flash washes the fish's colours out. Fish are one of the hardest subjects to take good pics of, but it's fun practising :hyper:

I'll play it by ear. I am hoping they arrive at around 8/9am tomorrow, so have all day to get settled. Will leave tank lights off and if they are out and about exploring, which they should be, by evening then I'll pop just the back lights on.

Shame about your FM and Corys... Would the Sevs not like the Corys then? I thought they were OK together.

The new additions to the tank, 6 juvie Rotkeil Severums (courtesy of Star4), are settling in okay, but I think it best after they long journey to leave the tank lights off for today and let them adjust. As such all I can offer is these poor pics taken with my mobile when they were acclimatising:

rotties1.jpg

rotties2.jpg

Tomorrow I'll post proper pics of them
good.gif

:hyper: Looking foward to the pics!
Bear in mind they are very young (big but young) so the colouration isn't there really, mostly silver(ish) with black bars, although I do see a little yellow tinge on some of their anal fins
good.gif

Well done you, you came away from Star4's with only 6 fish. :lol:
lol, good job most others don't otherwise she'd need even more tanks!
Early days with the new additions, they're doing well but only when I see them okay after a night in there will I be happy! They scoffed down blood worm and then some catfish pellets which weren't theirs to eat so initial indications are very good
laugh.gif

If its food its theirs :lol: Cant wait to see the pics of them in that beautiful tank

All present and accounted for, I just put the tank lights on for the first time since they arrived, and their stripes faded dramatically :(...I'll post some pics once they've settled in proper (with the lights on)
I took a little video, sorry for the poor quality, think my phones camera is on it's way out. I thought this might tide you all over until pics later if you can actually make out what fish you are looking at
laugh.gif

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WrKU2elTsMM[/media]

p.s. Ignore any chowder audio in the background as well as my son (who loves that crazy show!), the audioswap should kick in soon!

They look well happy zooming around in all that space :lol: Their brothers & sisters all loose their stripes for a while soon as I put the light on at night, its not on very much as their tank is in the kitchen by the window and gets loads of natural light.

Looks great :good: You should be really pleased. Don't think i've seen a video of the main tank before? Must be great to watch sitting there infront of it! :)

They look well happy zooming around in all that space :lol: Their brothers & sisters all loose their stripes for a while soon as I put the light on at night, its not on very much as their tank is in the kitchen by the window and gets loads of natural light.
They seem very happy, and have been eating as if they've never eaten before, which I know it not true, the complete opposite is true
laugh.gif

What with the geos and these sevs I need to stock up on more fish food, they really gobble it down!

Looks great :good: You should be really pleased. Don't think i've seen a video of the main tank before? Must be great to watch sitting there infront of it! :)
Very happy thanks. I did one vid before now of my geos in the tank...quite a while back nowThe dining table has been stored away and one of the sofas is now next to the tank, I can relax and just watch for ages ;)

Slightly better vid below, still yet to get the DSLR out for photo's maybe tomorrow now

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back