5Ft Seabray Dolphin Tank With Sa/ca Cichlids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

-_- I can see it fine
Tank and fish look great :good:
I still really like the port acara ive never seen one before.

Yeah it was Firefox, tried a different browser and works fine.

Glad to see they are all happy and busy exploring :good:

I know it is
laugh.gif
I'll get on it today I promise
good.gif

Here's some pics...they will NOT stay still though and trying to get a pic of each was impossible, can't track 6 juvies around the tank and get them all in shot
laugh.gif
None of them wanted to hand around where a darker background was either...need to get a black background fitted to the back of the tank me thinks...

I should have more fake plants turn up early next week which should give them lots more places to claim as their own and hopefully they'll pose for photos better
good.gif

Just feeding today I put my arm in to get out the old cucumber and all my fish run away except for the sevs, they were swimming past my arm without any fear, I think they know who feeds them now :)

sev5.jpg

sev4.jpg

sev3.jpg

sev2.jpg

sev1.jpg

Aww lovely!

They won't stay still will they :lol: Very difficult to get shots of them.

They will like more plants - mine just love swimming in and out the plants and picking bits of leftover food off them :good:

It's going to be so fun watching our babies grow :good:

Aren't there just, and I just can't believe how active the are, I WILL get a proper good shot soon, might take a few hundred pics but I will do it
laugh.gif

They're eaten loads since they arrived, I think now is the time to cut back a little before they explode! I've not seen a food type yet they wont touch...
I just can't get over how confident they all are! I mean in the past day I have seen them:
  • Gobble up as much food as my geos can, even with those small mouths which is very impressive
  • Move all around the tank, hanging out up top more than any of the others dare (except for the hatchetfish of course)
  • Tug on my fake plant leaves already!
  • Not back down from my Port Acara gesturing for territory, lunging at him in the process (He just got totally freaked out and left his own space
    laugh.gif
    )
Your right though, it will be nice to catalogue their progress and see how they change in look and behaviour. I'm definitely going to hate it when I need to get rid of 4 of them...I hope they don't grow too quick
confused.gif

I know, they are so bold and we've only had them a couple of days! They are completely full of it. Massive appetites as well.

Knowing me I won't get a pair :lol:

Wow it really sounds like you are both really enjoying my babies :lol: , so happy they are as confident in their new homes as they were here. Wait till you do a gravel/sand vac and water change, its a daily routine here with herding them all to one end of the tank then the other and trying to get them all to stay at one and when I put water back it :lol:

Wow it really sounds like you are both really enjoying my babies :lol: , so happy they are as confident in their new homes as they were here. Wait till you do a gravel/sand vac and water change, its a daily routine here with herding them all to one end of the tank then the other and trying to get them all to stay at one and when I put water back it :lol:

Did a almost 50% change and a quick vac today, they pretty much kept out of the way when I was vacuuming and syphoning out but once I started putting water back in they came up and had a good nosey...should be interesting next time around as they seem to learn very fast!

I also fed a little sunday treat of blood worm, the second time I've done it since they arrived, and they now know to get to the turkey baster quick smart. Not quite as full on as the geos yet, they start picking at the baster spout as soon as it's in the water but when I squirted they just barged in and munched down clouds of the stuff
laugh.gif

Knowing me I won't get a pair :lol:

If you don't you could try adding another 4 into the mix if I get lucky
laugh.gif

:lol: Think I'm gonna have to get another tank if not, already been thinking of ways to squeeze one in :lol:

lol, sounds like someone else we know
laugh.gif

Love the sig by the way, reminds me I need to pick out a good pic and get one of the sevs on display
good.gif
edit: done, for now....

Thank you :) I'm glad I've got a good camera now to take photos of my fish. Just wish I'd had one when Boris was small/growing up. Will be taking plenty of pics of these as they grow up though :lol:

Do you find any of them particularly confident? I have one which is by far the most confident, then two good buddies who will swim with him a lot, then a greedy one who is always picking around for food. It's great that they are showing their different personalities so young :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back