56gvs55g

williamc

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was wondering which would be better a long 55g or a 56g with more width(depth)?
 
I was wondering which would be better a long 55g or a 56g with more width(depth)?

It depends of the fish your going to stock it with. Some like a longer tank and others prefer a taller tank. If its just a variety of fish I would got with the longer tank. :good:
 
this is most likley the stocking 2 firemouths,4-5 praecoex,6 corys,1 rubberlip pleco, 4-5 bueno airies tetras
 
I love long tanks. Gives you more surface area and allows you to stock more fish in some cases.
Mine is a 33GL long that is 4 feet long. Easy to clean and maintain.
fulltank.jpg
 
I love long tanks. Gives you more surface area and allows you to stock more fish in some cases.
Mine is a 33GL long that is 4 feet long. Easy to clean and maintain.
fulltank.jpg

Nice!
And the weight's spread out over the floor, too.
If I had one like that across the doorway in my room, since the other walls are all (aquatically speaking) spoken for, I wonder how hard it'd be to get in and out...
Only wider...
 
yeah defiently long is better than tall more swimming space and more aquascaping
 
Go long. I got a few quizzical looks at home when I set my 4ft up around four years ago. The fish I have in there are a mixture of Cardinal Tetras, Harlequin Rasbora and Dwarf Neon Rainbow. If you're keeping something like Angels, go for height; for others I'd go with length every time - lots of swimming room.
 
i prefer long, some may prefer wide if they are expecting fish that will get to be long, ex if ur tank is a foot wide and ur fish will get a foot long, turnings going to be difficult.. its also personal preference.. but id say long for a long list of reasons including the ones listed above. if u meant like height vs length, same thing.. some fish will get taller and need the height. some dont.
 
OP do you really mean wide or high or long? Must admit if the latter then I prefer height as I think higher tanks look more natural personally but then you have got less surface area I guess. After reading the replies here I must be in the minority though!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top