55g Stocking

williamc

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
319
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I was just wondering if this stocking is okay?
6 tigerbarbs
6 corys
1 firemouth
4 silverdollars
1 rubberlip pleco
and eventually 2 bolivian rams
 
I'm not sure about the Barbs...they can be very nippy, and it's often recommended that they be kept only with other barbs.
 
The Barbs might, well. Nip. o_O;

And they're pretty agressive for food. (IME)

Also, didnt you make a post about your 75g too? :)
 
well sorta I posted something about stocking a 55g-75g and I keep posting stuff about this because I was just making sure that its okay
well anyway does everything sound good execpt for the barbs so far
 
well sorta I posted something about stocking a 55g-75g and I keep posting stuff about this because I was just making sure that its okay
well anyway does everything sound good execpt for the barbs so far

i have a community tank with 13 barbs in there, they are fine as long as they are in a school of more than 5
 
Drop the barbs and get a Blue Acara!
 
Yeah, i got with andy.

Acaras are more sxier than barbs. :3 and purty.
 
how much are they and they are cichlids arent they and can I have more than one?
What about 1 firemouth 4 columbian tetras, 5 red eyed tetras,4-5 buenios aires tetras, 2 bolivian rams,8 corys, 1 rubberlip pleco?
 
how much are they and they are cichlids arent they and can I have more than one?
What about 1 firemouth 4 columbian tetras, 5 red eyed tetras,4-5 buenios aires tetras, 2 bolivian rams,8 corys, 1 rubberlip pleco?

Yes Blue Acaras are Cichlids, I think they sell for around £5-£10 each i think a LFS near me sell them for £4.50 each. You could have more than one if the tank was big enough. I woundnt put an Acara in with Tetras as they may become food for the Acara, although the Buenios's should be ok due to there fully grown size. If you stock with an Acara then you need to take into account the size of the tankmates. As long as no fish can fit into the Acaras mouth then they will be ok. I would go for something like this:

6 Corys 8-10cm fully grown
2 Firemouth 10-15cm fully grown
2 Bolivian Rams 7-9cm fully grown
10 Buenios Aires Tetras 8-12cm fully grown
1 Brown Acara 12-15cm fully grown
1 Blue Acara 15-20cm fully grown
1 Rubberlip Pleco 10-14cm fully grown
 

Most reactions

Back
Top