55 And 20 Gallon Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
hehe i think peopleonly care about threads like thi cuz of the pics!

3 min. max

sorry! i had to eat dinner after i posted.

heres a piece of micro sword i got, i forget do they grow fast or not?
102_0511.jpg

fts
102_0509.jpg

salt tank shot
102_0510.jpg

no no fish, but it sure is cycling pretty quick though.

a couple more days and were ready for hermit crabs and a few snails maybe

remember my dad wants a lame *** setup, so its not gonna look good. one somewhat tiny anemone with 2 clown fish, honesly if he wanted that he shouldnt have gotten large live rock just 20lbs of small live rock and that way youd actually see the anemone. (keep in mind this is what might work)

o and we visited the lfs and the guy said 4-6 fish as long as they dont reach more than 3"? with coral and no protein skimmer? :blink: if you wanted this and asked in the marine section theyd say no so i say no and my dad still beleaves the lfs guy.

now bcak to the freshwater lol
how many fish should i add at once? the tanks been cycled since wednesday so maybe this wednes day pick up 3-4 bosemani's and then order the last 2 for next week? then order id say 3 sterbai for the next and then the last 3 after that and then order the chocolat chiclid for the week after that? but before i get the chocolate ill get another filter to handle the bioload.

hey nelly, how much do you think a juvie hypselecara cost?

i only have 156$ left so hope its low lol

ok same ol same ol for today

sorry i have lots of hw which is y i cant post so often

maybe fri ill be getting 4 rainbows.

or can i just buy 6 and add them all? ive done it before and since my current stock is 15/3=5 which is tad off my goal, if i get 5 or 6? im thinking if i can get 5 rainbows and 5 sterbai it would help when i get te choc.

dad tank stats
5+ as the api only gets that high so ill assume 10-20 lol

my tank stats
25 ish, ill be doing water chnages at 80 and when i get the choc at 30

good news! salt water nitrites are goin down! soon well have wittle hermit crabs instead of a moldy wall of rock lol.

and still a possible one the 4 rainbows on fri.
if anyone can help determine the sexes for M.bosemani thatd be useful so i dont get 1 male and 5 females like the preacox (though he sure is happy bout my mistake lol) or saturday night fish fight lol

thinking 3 males 3 females or 2 males 4 females?

good thing the nitrites are going down, i guess you are using ammonia to get the filter cycled?

actually no, the live rock as everything needed, but during the transfer/inevitably some part of it lives, and some of it dies, the dead stuff is the cycle starter, so theres no need for ammonia unless you arent using live rock or mature media or fish.

salt update: nothing, water gets tested every other day so will post tomorrow with stats

freshwater update: finally! :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: :yahoo: :yahoo: :kana: :kana: :fish: :fish: i have long last gotten 2 bosemani rainbows!! ill be getting 2 more fri. or sat. if things stay good, they are about 3"+ each

more yays!! salt water is cycled!! in only a week to!

stocking now finalized as we are most likely moving to georgia :sick: and need hardy/cheap species

1 pair of clownies

mushrooms and maybe some zoas or somthing

hermit crabs

and since were most likely moving, im probs not gonna get th chocolate chiclid till after we move or not, doesnt matter as im stocking as slow as a snail and want to have everyone else settled before amost likely 5-6" fish shows up in their tank lol

pics of fish and hermits saturday most likely!!

salt water

ammo. 0
no2 0
nos 0

ph 8.4

clown fish are in! named pretro and pretra
tomorrow wel be geting 6 snails and 3 hermit crabs then next weekend shrooms.

fresh water

2 more rainbows tommorow and start ordering sterbai corys.

fed them the 1st time today, one ate greedily but the other has the same prob as bae1994's sev. (eating but spit back out) the food is really small, small enough that 2" m. pracox can fit 5 in its body. is he still adjusting?

piccys! i think the rainbow in both pics is the same tbh, one has a deeper stomach than the other so that how i know the diff.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

clownies!!

102_0514.jpg

102_0513.jpg

yes i acclimated the rainbows regularly and the clowns i floted them for an hour to be cautious, with 15 min waer add ins btw

yeah, they seem to like each other to which is good lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back