55 And 20 Gallon Journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
tues day ill be getting the hermits and ordering the last 4 rainbows and cories. i cant wait for the cories frolicing around !!! eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ok, tommorrow i order the last of the fish for now and reserve our 1st corals and get our clean up crew. i might also be getting a few more plants as well.

bos. rainbows seem to coloring much better, and thinking love is in the water as i have seen displays and twiching for both the clownfish and the mollys (finally!)

i might post pics tommorow

i called the lfs who called there supplier and he said the new batch of baby rainbows will be up for sale in about 3 weeks, in the maentime they are trying to see if they can get my cories while i wait,

hermits and snails will be put off till weekend where you might see some coral and a few more fw inhabitants

ok, no fish yet but tommorow we might be getting the clean up crew if not tommorow this weekend def. we might also get a coral as well, but it will most likely be a mushroom, but idc.

to repeat the lfs didnt have any sterbai come in. might end up ordering them :crazy:

ok today we got 5 hermits and 5 snails. we also are going to get 5 more of ech and some mushrooms on wednesday hopefully.

and unfortunatley the 55 is being postponed because i need to get 1 more A in school and pass the finals.
BUT, i do have my lfs working to find me the fish and it will only be a 2-3 week break from sttocking.

also the swords are doing well, and the one amazon with a shoot growing out has just sprouted another shoot, and the old ones are just about ready for planting.

and bosemani's are coping with the change and have gotten their color back and started shoaling with the tiny rainbows lol.

also i want to add these souvenirs i got from san diego old town, they are made out of polished stone. i want add them in because they have fry sized holes so fry go in and have cover and other fish cant go in to munch, heres what ima talking about.

104_0517.jpg

the big blob is the biggest fish i have for now, the medium ish blob is the smallest fish, and the teeny gray dot is fry sized

yes, and everything works great.

yay. another update. sorry things have pushed back and what-not and my grades are improving to the point that only 2 classes seem like i wont get A's. and i already have 1 so 2 more!

any way the saltwater finally has coral! it was a 20$ zoa frag and it opened in 30 minutes after acclimation! ill try and get pics this weekend. and the last 2-3 corals will be shrooms,kenya trees, and polyps. thats it though, cuz well be moving. i however once the semester is over and i have confirmed my 3 A's will continue to stock my 55. my balloon molly is pregnant and the stocking can accomodate 2 more mollys, but i wont be interveneing until there are only 2-3 fry left.

also wen i move to GA, one of the + is the fact the current 55 turns salt, and i get a 75+ AND a 30 gallon tank!

the 75 stocking is the 55 stocking with roseline sharks and 5 each of adolpho corys,and marble hatchets. + 1 more stripped rafael catfish.

the 30 gallon stocking is

5 red rainbows

5 celebes half beak

5 congo tetras

2 bolivian rams

10 amano shrimp

maybe 2 angels

2 pearl gouramis

the 5 neon rainbows

it will be heavily planted and have the 2 top fin filters running it. and the 75 gets 2 aquaclear 110s.

what do you guys think eh?

more coral guys, it is xenia this time and it looks lovely! im acclimating it right now.

this week is finals so no hw just studying and ill get pics this weekend i promise, if not pm me as many times till i do lol.

the molly has gotten tons fatter and the male preacox rainbow has gotten huge! 3x larger than the females.

the boesemani rainbows have also gotten larger and the catfish is 4" now and not fat so he is stunning! he is also coming out in the day now.

micro sword not doing too well, ill be replacing it with narow leaf chain swords which are mini mes compare to amazon swords, they look just like the micro sword, AND they are easier to take care of and grow.

speaking of amazon swords, mine has sprouted yet ANOTHER funner of 3 more plants, the older 3 i have 1 in the sand and the other 2 are still floating till their roots get bigger.

the rest of the coral is leather, shrooms and bubble coral.

clown fish are doing well, we definatley have a future pair on our hands.

and sorry, but the zoa is really button polyps, they are similar except the polyps are one big creature were as the zoa are individual stalks. and bt its growing! there have been 10 new polyps and there are 20 or so still growing.

after this week ill definatley be stocking up the 55 some more! finish off the rainbow school so they'll stop schooling with the smaller ones (it looks funny) and get those blasted corys, honestly the last serbai i saw was 9 years ago and i WANT them soo bad!

p.s. somebody better post here cuz im kinda bored updating and noone reading :lol:

hers a (hopefully) video of both tanks, hope you like it and ill get pics of anything that you cant really see like the xenia (not the fish! too hard)

also when i get close to the ruin, look inside and you can see part of ma catfishy :D

would it be acceptable to catch the fish and put it next to a ruler to measure? i want to start recording my cat fishe's growth.

just watched it, sorry its a little blurry with the button polyps, but everything else looks good!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back