52 Gal Tall Boy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pit1981

Reaction score
I've got a 52 gal rectangular tall boy. I'm not new to aquariums as I build and maintain them. I was wondering though. What should I stock it with. I love angel fish and I'm really wanting cichlids. But I do love neons bettas and other really colorful fish. I can't remember what will tollorate what. Gimme some ideas y'all. Thanks

What exactly are the dimensions?

You could look at a large school of cardinals and some angels.. although personally, I prefer to have 5 ft long tank for a school of angels and would keep 8+.

The dimensions are 32"tall 18" deep by 34" wide. I've had great success in the past with barbs danoes gauramies some angels and tetras. I've just never had cichlids and have no clue what good tank mates for them all

If it was me i would go for
6 Angels (One a pair or 2 forms rehome the others)
6 Biotodoma wavrini or Biotodoma cupido
20 Emperor tetra
10 Marble hatchets

The dimensions are 32"tall 18" deep by 34" wide. I've had great success in the past with barbs danoes gauramies some angels and tetras. I've just never had cichlids and have no clue what good tank mates for them all

Angels are cichlids. Cichlids generally have more "individual" behaviour and often care for their young.

Well. Then what should I stock it with. The largest and probably the prettiest fish I've ever raised were a couple of pacu. But they got nowhere near their full size befor I had to get rid of them. Angels are my fav but have had mixed success. I've had some die within a few days and only being an inch or so big to several years old and bigger than a dinner plate. Keep in mind. This is what I am looking for. Med to large size. (3"-8" long). Colorful or graceful. Also. Some ease of care. Doesn't have to be goldfish easy but I don't want discus hard.

Tank mates for angels must be selected with care, particularly when you get a bonded m+f couple. My favourite fish for colour are rainbow sp. as well as Congo tetras. Although you need to look into whether you have enough tank width as they are active species.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back