5 gallon Fluval Spec V

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You're in the U.S like me, right? Well that bill thats being passed is banning animal trade which includes fish... So I'm enjoying my tank until they say I have to get rid of it, or maybe they will just let our tank inhabitants die amd then we cant get fish anymore... Im hoping the bill isnt passed through

I think Rocky is referring to this

You're in the U.S like me, right? Well that bill thats being passed is banning animal trade which includes fish... So I'm enjoying my tank until they say I have to get rid of it, or maybe they will just let our tank inhabitants die amd then we cant get fish anymore... Im hoping the bill isnt passed through
A. No, I'm in Canada

B. WHAT!! THIS IS A THING?

A. No, I'm in Canada

B. WHAT!! THIS IS A THING?
I always joke if something bad happens in the U.S like: "Welp, were moving to canada..." This actually makes me want to lol. Yes, the bill is very real. I was reading up on the bill and realized it was recommended by the PETA... Their all for not abusing animals... But they go too far with things after I read up on them... Like, they want people to go vegan and you cant even keep cats at all. Like wth.

Alright, I have a plan. Basically, start out slow and do a 30% water change weekly for first 2 weeks
then after that do 40% for 2 weeks
then go back to my regular schedule of 50% changes
This is to get the shrimp more used to my tapwater

Last edited:
Shrimps doing great, most black shrimps are hiding under the driftwood and I noticed a molt, while the reds are out more and are eating from the algae wall.

Last edited:
My brother has noticed another berried crystal red shrimp. Hoping to see both of them.

Last edited:
213D250A-49A1-4BF9-A2A8-A606D4244739.jpeg

AW COME ON

As far as I could tell it was a molting fail

IMG-3299.jpg

Remember when I said wasn't dosing fertilizers?? Well that's now a lie. From now on I will be dosing seachem excel every other day.

Also, I forgot to clean out the tube. I will do that next week.

Excel is not fertiliser, it a "liquid CO2". It contains glutaradehyde, chemical used for sterilising heat sensitive medical equipment, in embalming fluid etc. Many shops sell it as an algae killer, which gives some idea of it's potential to kill things.
I, like other members, won't allow this anywhere near my tanks.

If you want to use a fertiliser look at Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement.

Excel is not fertiliser, it a "liquid CO2". It contains glutaradehyde, chemical used for sterilising heat sensitive medical equipment, in embalming fluid etc. Many shops sell it as an algae killer, which gives some idea of it's potential to kill things.
I, like other members, won't allow this anywhere near my tanks.

If you want to use a fertiliser look at Seachem Flourish Comprehensive Supplement.
Wait really? I am dosing it to remove the stag horn algae as I have read that it’s presence means a lack in co2

I will read the components, but I bought it because I read somewhere that excel is good

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back