47-gallon Hobbiton Theme/inspired tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Uh, hi!
for those of u who don't know what Hobbiton is (somehow) hopefully You'll understand from these photos:
images (9).jpg
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Uh, so, It'll be expensive, but worth it (probably)
The trees will be driftwood with plants on them, the grass seeds, etc, etc.
hopefully it all works out :unsure:

Uh, hi!
for those of u who don't know what Hobbiton is (somehow) hopefully You'll understand from these photos:
View attachment 144104View attachment 144105
AHHHHHH I read the Hobbit literally last week!!! My sister and I are planning something very similar, after she and I watch all 3 movies together. Definitely following this thread!!!

Looks like a cool idea! It will be kind of expensive, but worth it.

Uh, hi!
View attachment 144104View attachment 144105
Any idea on what you will use for the decor or the plants yet?

Looks like a cool idea! It will be kind of expensive, but worth it.

Any idea on what you will use for the decor or the plants yet?
Thanks
Umm, probably a few of the hobbit houses they sell for aquariums, seeds to look like grass, the bushes would be hornwort, and I might be able to find some cheap rainforest driftwood with some plants glued on for the trees

Ok, so, i didn’t think my mom would like the idea, but then she said it was a good idea and started looking a hobbit holes on Amazon. Then I told her if we were gonna carpet it with seeds, we would have to take the fish out and the tank would be empty for a few days, and she said “that’s ok you have other tanks already.” Rather than her usual “no freaking way.”

Ok, so, i didn’t think my mom would like the idea, but then she said it was a good idea and started looking a hobbit holes on Amazon. Then I told her if we were gonna carpet it with seeds, we would have to take the fish out and the tank would be empty for a few days, and she said “that’s ok you have other tanks already.” Rather than her usual “no freaking way.”
Woohoo!

Hi!
My mom got stuff without me knowing (thx, mom *Hugs*)
I am using fake plants for the 'grass', but I still have planted substrate and live plants ( 3 bags of 10 pound-each floral planted substrate).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back