42 Degrees Celsius In The Shade!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I went outside with the very good intention to do water changes (in the garage) in all of my tanks...... I got to the 2nd one & the heat was just unbearable.... genuinely 42Deg Celsius in the shade... I'm back inside with the aircon full blast (and battling) set at 16 deg C.... At least keeping the inside temp at around 28 Degrees. Our warm months (Dec to April) is laying ahead.... dread to think of it.

Mr Venter, keep your smugness and sunshine to yourself, we like our rain and coldness over here [huffy puffy grumpy face JEALOUS emoticon]

Mr Venter, keep your smugness and sunshine to yourself, we like our rain and coldness over here [huffy puffy grumpy face JEALOUS emoticon]

:rofl:

Its freezing over here! My tank is currently radiating heat into the room, you can feel the heat coming from the glass, its brilliant :lol:

Needless to say that all my heaters are switched off and vigorous aeration in all tanks... Tanks water temp range between 28 and 31... I'm just worried about the Killis.. aparently they cannot take warm water (however - some are native to our waters.

Only (major) problem is... just how much can I take off before the neighbours complain?... The Swimming Pool is right in front of my house,.... but I thinks I grew right out of me speedo :blush: :rofl: :beer:

skinny dipping never hurt anyone.... :rolleyes:

just the weather for sitting on the stoep & sipping a cold one ( windhoek for me please boetie) :drool: :drool:

Only (major) problem is... just how much can I take off before the neighbours complain?...

That's the main reason I moved north, you can only take off so much before you get arrested.
shifty.gif

I'd take a little of that heat though, right now it's 15 F (-9.44444C), had to dig out my winter gear, not to mention dig a path to the car. Yes it snowed again, we've had over 38" of snow since the beginning of October.

Only (major) problem is... just how much can I take off before the neighbours complain?...

That's the main reason I moved north, you can only take off so much before you get arrested.
shifty.gif

I'd take a little of that heat though, right now it's 15 F (-9.44444C), had to dig out my winter gear, not to mention dig a path to the car. Yes it snowed again, we've had over 38" of snow since the beginning of October.

I'm now getting frightfully close to 60, and I've only seen real snow twice in my life....In 1964, it snowed in Welkom where I lived and in 1978 I drove through the snow in Oudtshoorn area....It does snow in SA (not infrequently - between May and August)), but just not in the areas where I've lived.

What???!!!
It snows every year here in England!
I have become quite atatched to this little historic town I have always lived in, under a constant heavy cover of cloud, it's home after all! :D :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back