4 month tank update

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Tropical Tony

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys, well Itā€™s been almost 4 months now since I decided to jump back into the wonderful world of tropical fish keeping. After years off I decided to give it another go. Itā€™s been a very interesting journey and Iā€™ve learnt lots of new things (even after keeping tanks for years in the past). Anyway hereā€™s my 4 month tank update pictures. The first one was taken at the very start of May. The second was tonight.
D85474FA-D340-4CDB-880A-66FF6809F477.jpeg

E5E72C98-D552-4A57-A658-D049E8F464B1.jpeg

Well whatever you are doing seems to be working! Looks like your plants are happy!

Thanks guys! Iā€™m obsessed with it at the moment itā€™s every other night Iā€™m doing something to it haha. Maybe Iā€™ve got a problem :banana:

That is a really beautiful tank, may I ask, could you post the photo again with text labels for each of the plants? Or list them. This really is so pretty <3

Thanks guys itā€™s taken a while to get the plants happy but think Iā€™m turning a corner with them.
Plants are as follows

dwarf hair grass (mini) - bottom right
Monte Carlo (canā€™t see in picture)
Lilaeopsis brasilliensis - bottom left
Hydrocotyl tripartita - growing around the rocks
Cryptocoryne balansae - big centre plant
Blaxa japonica - bottom left corner
Java moss - obvious
Hygrophila siamensis 53B -back left and a little bit back right
Hygrophila polysperma - back right
Ludwigia palustris mini super red - to the right of crypt and also around centre rock.

Thatā€™s it I think haha hope that helps!

Like the back left one a lot.
Hydrophilia Siamensis 53B....any good in 19dh 340ppm water?

Just seen proshrimp do a tropica one on eBay.
Watched.

I have really soft water in my area and find it to grow really slow compared to the other plants in the tank. It grows outwards more than upwards if anything but itā€™s supposed to be a quick grower. From what Iā€™ve read they donā€™t mind heā€™s water.

Most reactions

Back