4 gal. Stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Lonbrat

Reaction score
First post here,
Iā€™ve dipped my toes into fish keeping, salt water included, Iā€™ve had decent success in the hobby I know about water changes and the ammonia>nitrite>nitrate.
thing is, I have a pauldarium, not cycled or anything, no water in it. It has 5 gallons of water volume, but only about 4.5 is ā€œswimableā€... the filter, heater and a small waterfall pump is built in to the back wall (in a concealed pvc pipe)

. I already own 2 African dwarf frogs, 3 neon tetras and few live plants in a bare bottom ten gal. Question is. What should/ could I put in the 4.5 gal waterspace? I donā€™t think I could put both my frogs and tetras in there happily.
Ideally Iā€™d like 2 species but I understand I canā€™t work much with 4 gallons.
ive considered my adf with a snail or something.
Iā€™m open to any ideas.

Why not some cherry shrimp and a nerite snail?

Why not some cherry shrimp and a nerite snail?
I never had any fresh water shrimp other than ghost so I never thought much about them. Would they crawl out of the water? Iā€™ve had it happen with ghost once or twice. One thing I worry about is I use well water for water change and thereā€™s some metals in the water I believe

I would test your water for copper, thats one metal thats toxic to shrimp.

Unless there's water quality issues they shouldn't crawl out of the water, at least not common.

First post here,
Iā€™ve dipped my toes into fish keeping, salt water included, Iā€™ve had decent success in the hobby I know about water changes and the ammonia>nitrite>nitrate.
thing is, I have a pauldarium, not cycled or anything, no water in it. It has 5 gallons of water volume, but only about 4.5 is ā€œswimableā€... the filter, heater and a small waterfall pump is built in to the back wall (in a concealed pvc pipe)

. I already own 2 African dwarf frogs, 3 neon tetras and few live plants in a bare bottom ten gal. Question is. What should/ could I put in the 4.5 gal waterspace? I donā€™t think I could put both my frogs and tetras in there happily.
Ideally Iā€™d like 2 species but I understand I canā€™t work much with 4 gallons.
ive considered my adf with a snail or something.
Iā€™m open to any ideas.
If your water is hard enough I'd recommend 3 or 4 male endlers. If you do basic tank matinence they'd be fine. They are colourful and small, but thrive in hard water only.

Post a pic of your tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back