4 Foot Stocking Knife Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fish_tank0311

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, as you may know, im looking for some reasonably large fish that will fit into my 4 foot tank, (its my largest tank see below) i wanted maybe a knife fish of some sort, in particular a black ghost knife fish, but have been told they grow large, which im not denying but wont they be fine in such a big tank? Any and all info you guys have on knife fish is very appreciated. Or else have you guys got some other ideas that will fit into my tank? PS: If i reply to your suggestions saying no or something, its most likely its because they are not allowed into my country. (I live in New Zealand)

Thanks all

Whats the measurements of the tank? it'd be ok for a wile but will need upgrading as it grows bigger. As for info theres a bit in the species index on them , when i had mine for a little bit it would only eat bloodworm and nothing else, unfortuantly for the knife fish it annoyed my bichir which tried eating it depsite being the same sizeish

An african brown knife would be fine (Xenomystus (is?) nigri), they get to about 8" and IME have been very active fish.

the black ghost would take a while to grow to large in my opinion

the african would be more active than a black ghost but not as attractive, I;ve kept a few and they are interesting fish to keep, easy to keep as well

the black ghosts are very good at hiding in their preferred hiding spot intil feeding time when they go crazy for as much as they can cram in in one sitting!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back