4 Days After Installing Canister Filter

kuruptedseed

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Orlando, Fl
I set up a used canister filter 4 days ago in my 55 gal and I cleaned it to detail and replaced all media/pads etc before installing it.. First 3 days the water never looked better I wake up this morning to a white film or haze on glass.. Not covering the entire aquarium just in areas.. Especially where the return flow aims.. But all on the glass non the less.. I still have my biowheel 200 and 350 running in the tank until my media matures in canister.. I have had planaria outbreaks in other tanks b4 and this is definitly not planaria.. Any ideas on what this is and how I can remove it? Looks very unsightly.. It's even worse when I look in from the side! help
 
I set up a used canister filter 4 days ago in my 55 gal and I cleaned it to detail and replaced all media/pads etc before installing it.. First 3 days the water never looked better I wake up this morning to a white film or haze on glass.. Not covering the entire aquarium just in areas.. Especially where the return flow aims.. But all on the glass non the less.. I still have my biowheel 200 and 350 running in the tank until my media matures in canister.. I have had planaria outbreaks in other tanks b4 and this is definitly not planaria.. Any ideas on what this is and how I can remove it? Looks very unsightly.. It's even worse when I look in from the side! help


anyone? help please
 
Thanks for reply.. I wish I had a few more to get a good idea of what my problem is.. Help people
 
Did you wash the new media before putting it in the filter? Just asking because I'm just about to put new media in my filter too!
 
Its not something daft like dust in the new media?

must admit that was my first thought.


I did.. But, now that you say that I may not have washed things well enough! So, I pulled out my mag float thing and used it on the glass and I am back in business.. If the haze comes back I will post about it here.. Thx
 

Most reactions

Back
Top