3m Colorquartz Sand

Winterlily

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
355
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
NY, USA
I finally managed to find some of this stuff... the fine "S" grade in black. My question to anyone who's using it or who knows: Does it compact like regular sand? Do I need to be concerned with keeping it stirred up as I would with playsand? I thought I remembered that it does not compact, but I wanted to check.

Also, does it need to be rinsed off and washed as heavily as playsand?

I might be able to get the coarser "T" grade if necessary - thought that wouldn't be as good for bottom-dwellers though?

Thanks!
 
Anyone?? I have, since posting this, gotten some of the "S" grade. What I need to know now, most of all, is do I need to keep it stirred up to avoid compaction like you do with regular sand, or doesn't it compact enough to worry about that?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top