3d Backgrounds

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rossyboy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know of a supplier of 3d aquarium backgrounds?

I don't mean the standard 'tile' styrofoam ones... such as the Juwel designs, i'm talking about the realistic rock backdrops- usually made to size specifically for the tank.

Must be UK

Help please because Google wont :(

:)

Have you seen here?

I've not used the guy so this is not an endorsement but I kept the link a while back because I thought that it looked interesting.

-dan

That looks quite good.

I used to have the Juwel backgrounds but removed them when I rebuilt the tank. To me, the problem with any of these 3-dimensional backgrounds is that they displace so much water and significantly reduce the capacity. Now I just have the stone wall of my living room as a background - looks acceptable I think (though, perhaps, a backdrop of garish wallpaper wouldn't be so pleasant).

-dan

Hi there,

I had been doing a lot of searching for a 3d background for my first ever attempt at fishkeeping and I wanted to ensure that I put in a good one for my first attempt.

Have a look at www.backtonature.se , they have some fantastic looking 3d backgrounds and some are very expensive, but they have a slimline range which I was looking for as they do not take up much space in my 95l tank. They come at a reasonable price but it can be difficult to find a stockist. But eventually found that www.onlineaquariumstore.com stocked them.

Instructions on the 'back to nature' web site regarding how many pieces you need and how to fit them are very clear and I was a bit worried about my first attempt at siloconing something into my brand new tank but I am really pleased with the outcome and my tank looks great.

Good luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back