Scissortail Dartfish- gets a little big 5 1/2"
Zebra Barred Dartfish
Splended/Orchid dottyback
Cherub angel
Coral beauty
Flame angel
Royal gramma
Black cap/ Gold assessor basslet

All of these fish stay relatively small, are reef safe, colorful, and pretty easy to care for. I found all these on Live aquaria :good:

I don't want any angels, they tend to like corals =(. But I was looking through all them and on one of the pages up came a engineer goby, I might grab 3 of them. 2 for the 35g and 1 for the 10g! I use to have 4 in my 175g they are to cool. But i'm not sure if I wanna reposition all my rock to accomadare their digging habits. Thanks for the links tho. I looked at all of them and their requirements.

Did some thinking and I think I might only get 1 engineer goby for the 10g. There's a thick sand bed so I know he will have his fun. For the 35g I might settle on a pair of firefish, I really like the dartfish but they dont seem to be compatible with gobies. I will update fish and coral stocking as soon as I have it set in stone. Very excited.

Been studying all night and decided to take a break and compose my full stocking list. Please remember the times are not goals they are merely just something to go off of. Basically to set a trend and to know what to add in what order for me. Highly doubt I will hit the target dates.

On another note, my LFS crab scared the crap out of me (the one in the 35g). I saw a lifeless crab in the rocks upside down and my heart sank and I couldnt understand how it happened only to learn upon grabbing the molted shell that it was simply a molt, my LFS crab then proceded to scare the crap out of me by darting out of the rocks an inch from my hand. Just made me jump, I thought he was dead lol. So good healthy sign, my crab molted. Both tanks are looking good. Nothing dead everything seeming happy and active including the stuff i've transfered from one tank to the other (emerald crab ,astera, and the 3 striped damsels). I'm thinking about trying to get some store credit by returning the damsels so I can populate my 10g with what I want. I think the damsels did their job of cycling my tanks. Well here's my list. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• Updated fish-coral list.jpg
    Updated fish-coral list.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 184
Sounds good :good: The same thing happened to me with my porcelain crab :lol: It's hard to see you list in the pic take a close up pic of each section.

Uuuuhhh... Engineer gobies get a Foot long. Too big for a 10 gallon.

They get up to 8 inches long. I plan to buy him as a baby and if the 10g doesnt stunt his growth I will simply take him back to the LFS. I dont plan to keep unhappy fish in my tanks.

Blah I did some more reasearch on them and the min. tank size changed signifigantly on them. +1 for multiple sources. No engineer goby for either tank it seems. But I think with that list pic you can copy and past it to a folder or a desktop then open it from there, should allow you to view it full size.

It's such a difference downgrading from a 175 and 300 to a 35 and 10 gallon tanks. I'm not use to all these size requirements haha. But I'm learning as I go. I'm thinking instead of two firefish (since they have to be a mated pair) I might just get 1 firefish or maybe even 1 firefish and 1 basslet of some sorts.

+1 to basslets and firefish :good:

Here's what I plan to add and in this order:
1 firefish (not sure on color, suggestions?)
1 gold basslet
1 golden headed sleeper goby
2 blue flasher wrasse's
2 percula (clownfish)

Invert add order:
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 serpent star
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 feather star

Coral add order:
1 green polyp (button or star)
2-3 assorted polyps
1 blue/green/orange ricordea (not sure on which color)
1 hairy green mushroom
1 neon green palu nepthea
1 green polyping toadstool leather
1 green frogspawn

This may change as I do more research on the requirements of everything.

Fish and inverts look good, as for the corals, you could keep all those with the lighting you have maybe exept the frogspawn, research that some more :good:

Fish and inverts look good, as for the corals, you could keep all those with the lighting you have maybe exept the frogspawn, research that some more :good:

no worries on the frogspawn, many rsm owners have these in their tank longterm and it's on the list of supported corals for my setup. I did my homework on all the choices. Frogspawn would be added last so that I can see where to palce it so it doesn't kill my other corals.

Quick compatibility question. Will emerald crabs or Sally Lightfoot crabs co-exsist with skunk cleaner shrimp? Or do they make them their meal? I would really like to be able to purchase a pair of skunk cleaners and I'm just kinda curious how that will roll over.

Got two new zoa/polyps in today, 1 orange zoanthid and 1 green button polyp. Will post when they are in. Super excited

This is about 5 minutes after being introduced. Orange zoa is pissed from freshwater dip, the button polyp was dipped while at store so I didn't have too. There still opening up slowly. Orang zoa was a cheap frag, I just liked the color.

Here's a pic of the Q tank as well in the heart of an algae bloom. I cleaned the fron of the glass to it 2 hours ago and there's already algae. I reduced the lights on the q tank to 6 hours a day. working my way down to 4 then back up to 12.

Attachments

• Green button polyp.jpg
    Green button polyp.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Orange Zoanthid.jpg
    Orange Zoanthid.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 167
  • algae Q tank.jpg
    algae Q tank.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 173
Starting to open up more.

Attachments

• 7 50 green button polyp.jpg
    7 50 green button polyp.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 153
The corals were moved today after I realized the LFS uses MH so I moved them towards the top to compensate. The orange zoa is fully open and regaining color after fresh water dip. The green button is almost fully open, he was fully open this am but I moved him. They are both glued into place and happily rocking on. Enjoy.

Attachments

• Orange Zoanthid 8-8-12.jpg
    Orange Zoanthid 8-8-12.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 158
  • Green polyp 8-8-12.jpg
    Green polyp 8-8-12.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Green polyp 2 8-8-12.jpg
    Green polyp 2 8-8-12.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 171
Here's a shot of the whole tank. Can't wait to add more corals and my first fishy.

Attachments

• Full tank shot.jpg
    Full tank shot.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 161

Most reactions

Back