30l tank

Valerie23

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have had my 30l tank (32cm x 32cm x 42.5cm)
I know that Iā€™m very limited to how many fish I can have due to the tank size but wondered if anyone could help me out with suggestions of potential stock ideas other than a betta fish?
From a complete beginner thank you in advance
:fish:

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the forum how did you cycle the tank before you added the beta? Just wondering if you hadnā€™t got the bacteria colony in place before you got going which would mean as your beta produced waste there was nothing to deal with the ammonia.

Other than the beta in that size tank you could look at nano fish like galaxy raspora, chilli raspora, sparkling gourami, badis or Dario and then you have a variety of fancy shrimp and snails.

Wills

alright as said before the first step is to cycle the tank,
then we can start looking at stocking, what are your water parameters, Gh Kh and that sort of thing, this is crucial for us to be able to give you the best advice on what fish will be ideal for your tank,
will the tank be planted?
what kind of tank do you want, a single species or a few different ones?

sorry for all the questions but it is in the best interest of you and your fishies :fish:

Thank you for taking the time to reply and no problem at all.
My water parameters are hard water, my local tap is like 270ppm.
It will be a planted tank yes and I was looking at a single species as I thought It wouldnā€™t be possible to have a few due to the size of the tank so would be interested to see what you would suggest
:thanks:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was told by LFS that you just need to put fluval bio cycle in to get the beneficial bacteria up and it would be safe to add fish. Thank you for for your suggestions I will certainly have a look at them. :thanks:

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was told by LFS that you just need to put fluval bio cycle in to get the beneficial bacteria up and it would be safe to add fish. Thank you for for your suggestions I will certainly have a look at them. :thanks:
Have a read of this:

I'm no expert but stocking ideas I can think of is
-Dwarf Puffer
-Betta (I know you said other than but it is a good size for betta)
-Shrimp and snails.

I'm unsure if endlers would work due to the cube footprint, however they would suit the hard water.

No bacterial starter cycles a tank instantly. The best way to use one is to do a fishless cycle as in kwi's link and use the bacterial starter to speed up the cycle.

Some bacterial starters have a better reputation than others. If you haven't already got the Fluval Cycle, the one with the best reputation is Tetra Safe Start.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back