30 Gallon Stocking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

RyanV

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I finished cycling my tank a few days ago and got 1 pair of apistogrammas, 3 oto cats, and 2 male german blue rams. The first 2 days the apistogrammas and the rams pretty much hid and didn't eat much. Today, the third day now, the apistogrammas were out a little bit more and the male rams continued to hide. This is very odd to be because the apistos are still babies and only an inch big, the rams are much larger. Are the male rams not being social since there are no females? If you think that may be why, how many should I add?

What are the water parameters? Rams in general are pretty shy, you may need to add some either fish, to get them more active.

Water is 0, 0, and 20 nirate. I will try adding some tetras within the next few days. Would rummy nose tetras be okay in 80 degree water?

Yes, rummynoses will be fine. Actually about 80% of the common tetras will be fine at that temp.
Oh, and don't worry if they don't eat for a few days. Healthy fish can go more than a week without eating.

if the apistogramma breed you will have to seperate them from the german blue rams, and there ight be agression if territroy is an issue

That's no problem, I have three 10 gallon tanks in the back room not being used :)

Also I am planning on redoing one of my 55 gallons. They could all go in there with my angels and the platys, mollies to the 30 gallon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back