30 Gallon Nano Journal...

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Heres new pictures after I moved the tank from the corner to a new corner :D

DSC04626.jpg

DSC04627.jpg

Just need to top it off with water and get some more live rock :fun:

that's allright mate! so long as it gets 10-20x total gallons per hour through!

are you using two powerheads? its just i have a 500l per hour one and mine is 65l (its not set up yet, fact still a dream) would i be better off buying one big mutha one or a smaller one that would get current around more of the tank. Im looking at another 500l/h one.

are you using two powerheads? its just i have a 500l per hour one and mine is 65l (its not set up yet, fact still a dream) would i be better off buying one big mutha one or a smaller one that would get current around more of the tank. Im looking at another 500l/h one.

Yeah I only have 2 powerheads from my old marine tank, But then since I upgraded I had to increase the flow rate too. But I like it because theres flow coming from both directions. Whatevers cheapest you should get, I'm thinking if you buy one big powerhead it'll be cheaper than buying 2.

in my opinion your always better with 2 or more powerheads to give you more turbalance 1 would just push the water in one direction

tanks coming along nicely mr sept :good:

Not only that but if one pump breaks, you still have another to limp on ;)

Yeah I only have 2 powerheads from my old marine tank, But then since I upgraded I had to increase the flow rate too. But I like it because theres flow coming from both directions. Whatevers cheapest you should get, I'm thinking if you buy one big powerhead it'll be cheaper than buying 2.

Using a single powerhead will/may lead to low flow/dead spots in your tank

'Whatever is cheapest' aint the best advice IMO

Using a single powerhead will/may lead to low flow/dead spots in your tank

'Whatever is cheapest' aint the best advice IMO

LOL, sorry :blush: :blush:

haha well i see your pont but when your using your mum and dad for stuff sometimes you have to skimp and save

Urgh, How I hate having my parents buy me things for my pets. They count every single cent and hold it against me when I want something :angry:

Urgh, How I hate having my parents buy me things for my pets. They count every single cent and hold it against me when I want something

Same here. Boy, I know how you feel. :nod: :lol:

Most reactions

Back