Reaction score
Hey,

I've got a 55 gallon community tank
X4 bosemani rainbows
1 Molly
1 opaline gourami
1 keyhole cichlid
6 zebra loach

I'd always fancied some rummy nose tetra so took the plunge 3 days ago & added 6.
The other fish gave chase when I put them in but it calmed down after a sort while.
The next morning 1 was dead & half eaten & 1 was on its last legs with its tail missing!
Poor guy gave up after a few hrs. Checked things today & another was dead along with one of the remaining 3 showing signs of battle on its tail. I've fished them out & put them in a small tank with 6 ember tetra until I can rehome or remedy the situation in my big tank.

Any advice greatly appreciated

most likley the keyhole which have been known to eat small tetra which would explain it being half eaten, id say this or the opline.

ncguppy830 said:
most likley the keyhole which have been known to eat small tetra which would explain it being half eaten, id say this or the opline.
I'm certain it's the op gourami. He rules the tank! The keyhole is really placid. It's strange as I've had neon tetra in there & dwarf rainbows without issue

Sometime there is no rhyme or reason as to why it will not work.  I have had fish that should absolutely been able to keep together, that did not get along, and at the same time had fish that should be mortal enemies that get on great with eachother.  Sometimes when people add smaller fish schools like that, first they rearrange the whole tank so a new order has to be established upon introduction of the new fish.

ech0o said:
Sometime there is no rhyme or reason as to why it will not work.  I have had fish that should absolutely been able to keep together, that did not get along, and at the same time had fish that should be mortal enemies that get on great with eachother.  Sometimes when people add smaller fish schools like that, first they rearrange the whole tank so a new order has to be established upon introduction of the new fish.
I'm waiting on a load new plants coming so that might help thing if I decide to reintroduce the rummys

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back