3 Questions - 2 Light Plus One Powerhead

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bobbo

Reaction score
Hi
I have a couple of lighting releated questions

1) i am looking at renewing the T bar ( due to crack casued by cat!!) in my 80L tank and wondered if the forum advise going with T5 or sticking to T8s that it has today. The tank was sold as a craibbiean 80 but not sure of what make it is.

2) My 200L Enhiem tank coudl do with 2 new tubes , currnelty 2 T8s ( 36W i think) Arcadia Orgional and Arcadia Fresh water , i previoaulsy had SunGlo and Life Glos which seemd ot be brighter and encourage more plant growth. The arcaidas seem more white/flat light?? I am not sure what wpg that really equates ot as i am not convineced the two tubes are operating at full performcnce.

3) Powerhead or internal minis filter for increase water movement ( my spray bar someimtes doens move water as much as i woudl liek) and oxygen exchange at te surface.

Thnx for the help as ever :)
rob

1) i am looking at renewing the T bar ( due to crack casued by cat!!) in my 80L tank and wondered if the forum advise going with T5 or sticking to T8s that it has today. The tank was sold as a craibbiean 80 but not sure of what make it is.

T5's are generally better for plant growth. If you have the cash then Id get T5's

2) My 200L Enhiem tank coudl do with 2 new tubes , currently 2 T8s ( 36W i think) Arcadia Orgional and Arcadia Fresh water , i previoaulsy had SunGlo and Life Glos which seemd ot be brighter and encourage more plant growth. The arcaidas seem more white/flat light?? I am not sure what wpg that really equates ot as i am not convineced the two tubes are operating at full performcnce.

I will always like the Arcadia freshwater. Have four over my 90lt. you are right give a nice white light.

3) Powerhead or internal minis filter for increase water movement ( my spray bar someimtes doens move water as much as i woudl liek) and oxygen exchange at te surface.

Second filter. You cant really overfilter a tank and for planted tanks, we generally aim for 5x the tank turnover per hour. 10x is better. Unless you have fish that mean you cant, a decent water flow int he tank is perfect.

Sam

HIh thnx for the comments , i am currnetly running my 200L on a CF1200 which i dont know the rating of , i am thinking that somthing like a Fluval 3 would be a good second filter to add internally to the tank and i can hide it behind the wood?

that way i can stimualte some surface water movemnet and also improve water quality a bit.

cheers
rob

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back