3 down 11 to go

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
This has been a bad week for my tank I have to say 3 bronze Cory died this morning other fish are ok pleco is not her active though starting to think Iā€™m in a down hill spiral in the last 4 days a total of 700l has been changed in the tank and still Cory deaths , sound crazy but is there anything that specifically is bad for corys and not for cichlids because my others are just enjoying the clean water , hate weeks like this in the hobby

Hmm so obvious first question - whats changed in the last few weeks? Have you added any new fish to the tank in the last 2-3 weeks? When the cories have died what signs did they have? Any redness? Weird behaviour etc?

Are you cleaning your sand ok? Do you have any 'dead spots'? Where it looks like its turned grey?

Wills

Hmm so obvious first question - whats changed in the last few weeks? Have you added any new fish to the tank in the last 2-3 weeks? When the cories have died what signs did they have? Any redness? Weird behaviour etc?

Are you cleaning your sand ok? Do you have any 'dead spots'? Where it looks like its turned grey?

Wills
Last few weeks iv added the corys and one extra geophagus to make it 4 rather than 3 at first I added 5 corys then feeling a bit bad added 2 really small ones cus thatā€™s all I could get then added 7 good size ones all within 8-10 day period did regularly water tests didnā€™t budge so no spikes , there shyness did make me aggressively feed with my greedy fish just trying to get food to the bottom but again noting thatā€™s changed my water , thereā€™s no grey spots in my sand I Do a lot of disturbing it while scooping my pleco giants poos lol , there dead bodyā€™s have been just dead no red bellies or sunken bellies itā€™s hard to see really as even b we are itā€™s fully died the rest of the tank will turn on it and help it die

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back