3 Different Ph Readings Within 1 Minute ?

MrWhite

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK Manchester
I done a ph reading and it was a little to high so i done another and here was the results I done 3 ph tests within the space of 1 min 1st 7.8+ 2nd 6 3rd was 7 now its steady at 7 im using the api kit i think i might change its always giving me dodgy result can anyone explain this ?
 
im using API too and have been having anomalous results for ammonia and its annoying me, seems a few members are finding it annoying

your putting the cap on and shaking? (not putting your finger over the end) and using the same test tube? .
 
How soon after adding the drops are you reading the results? I've always used API and never had a problem. I generally read the test within about 30 seconds to a minute of adding drops and mixing.

If you're using the API regular pH, you should never get a reading higher than 7.6 as that is the highest reading on the chart. Even if the pH were 9, it should still come back the same color as 7.6.
 
How soon after adding the drops are you reading the results? I've always used API and never had a problem. I generally read the test within about 30 seconds to a minute of adding drops and mixing.

If you're using the API regular pH, you should never get a reading higher than 7.6 as that is the highest reading on the chart. Even if the pH were 9, it should still come back the same color as 7.6.
API do a high and low range PH kit

for nitrate, nitrite and ammonia you should wait 5 minutes before reading
 
I used 3 test tubes all with the lids and shake the tubes just done another test still at 7 so that must be my true reading hopefully i dunno with api

My api test kits highest ph reading is 8.8
 
Did you make sure to follow the instructions exactly on the back of the card? I've had a few fun readings on the pH test from not doing it properly.
 
Never seen an API kit that measured low and high. Must be new. Usually the low goes up to 7.6 and the high only as low as 7.4.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top