3 clown loach death in 2 day

Loveless

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
well, I have kept a pair of clown loach for about 3 months, about 2 weeks ago I bought another clown loach so they'll have more fun, I suppose. I bought the clown loach from petco, it had 2 or 3 grain of ich, just how I bought the other two, which I was able to nurse back to health with a little bit if melafix + raised temp to about 80~83F + daily water change.

So after I bought the new clown loach, the other 2 clown loach start to get ich, at least I thought that way. I didn't see it coming but when I got the chance to look at them closely their bodies were deteriorating. Being scaleless fishes that they are, their tail’s coating were mostly gone, the rest of their bodies has spots indicating loss of coating. All three died the same way, with very little coating left on them. At this point ICH is no longer dominate on any of the fish in the tank. Which lead me to suspect that there was some disease on the newest addition of clown loach?

There was one other scaleless fish: black ghost knife and it shows no indication of similar disease.

Is there a clown loach disease to which I speak of?

I don't know of a disease that's specified to be for clown loaches alone but I do know they carry a lot of internal parasites, perhaps that's what happened?

maybe, it's just strange because no one else in the tank was affected by ich or coating loss

damn I am going to miss these clown loaches, they were my favorite in the tank

i'll give clown loaches a try in a few months

As you may know, clown loaches are quite susceptle to Ich/White spot. It is not rare that they died from the disease. I recently lost one to the disease while all other fish in my tank (except the other loach) had no spots at all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back