3 Clawwed Frog

blcknwitecuban

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my mom bought me an albino frog (yay... :angry: ).. im pretty sure its a 3 clawed because it has 3 black claws on his back fins. anywho i was wondering how big he will get and what they eat. i've heard they'll eat bloodworms and small fish so i threw in a couple feeder guppies. does he add 2 the bioload even tho breathes air? hes in my 10g with 2 kribs. this morning i put in some bloodworms and i think he ate them but are they a stable diet? o yea and does he need anything special since hes albino? i think i might have 2 move him when my kribs get into breeding.

thanx :shout: :)

my mom bought me an albino frog (yay... :angry: ).. im pretty sure its a 3 clawed because it has 3 black claws on his back fins. anywho i was wondering how big he will get and what they eat. i've heard they'll eat bloodworms and small fish so i threw in a couple feeder guppies. does he add 2 the bioload even tho breathes air? hes in my 10g with 2 kribs. this morning i put in some bloodworms and i think he ate them but are they a stable diet? o yea and does he need anything special since hes albino? i think i might have 2 move him when my kribs get into breeding.

thanx :shout: :)

If you are talking about an african clawed frog, he can grow upto 6-8" and he will eat ANYTHING he can. Mine killed a convict that was almost twice the size of him, and swallowed a 10" Tulip eel. But bloodworm is a staple diet. Good luck with him, you may need to move him into a species tank.

gotta thank my mom on that 1.. :rolleyes: but i guess i will. how big a tank will he need? i suppose i can move him with my turtles eventially..

have to agree these guys get big.They will swallow anything that moves and if it is to big to swallow they will have a good try
They are happy to eat blood worm as a diet but i also give mine small earth worms as a treat.Mine also love amphibian pellets

gotta thank my mom on that 1.. :rolleyes: but i guess i will. how big a tank will he need? i suppose i can move him with my turtles eventially..

The rule is generally 10 gallons per frog. They like to swim and enjoy caves, "shady areas", hiding, etc.

You might also try feeding reptomin. My two had to be "weaned" off sinking food but gobble up the reptomin sticks now. I feed tubifex worms as a treat that they also really like.

Xenopus Express sells specially formulated food for these guys at $3 a pound: http://www.xenopus.com/products.htm#food

Best bet IME is to have a sperperate 10gallon tank for the clawed frog, I only recommend filling it 75% of the way, because these little guys are escape artists. Also, they will eat live feeders, I don't recommend keeping it with your turtle(s) at any size because the turtle(s) may just find him/her to be a tasty snack... Also, do you know if it's male or female? Males only get to about 5-6" where as Females can get from 6-8"...

I have 6 african clawed frogs, They need 7-10 gallons per frog, And the blood worms can cause bloat, and should only be fed as a treat. They should have variety in there diet, I feed mine Krill, Tubiflex worms, Shrimp, Earth worms,frog bites, reptromin,carnivore pellets,plankton,crickets,and fry * that I Breed for them , so there safe and not diseased*

http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/id9.html, if you have yahoo, theres also great groups all about african clawed frogs, that you can join.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back