3,500 gallon tank - what to put in?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Chuck & Veronica said:
SlowSwim said:
this is asuming that he/she gets this tank. and even then is able to fit it anywhere.. 
[snapback]920599[/snapback]​

Really people, the orginal poster had to be pulling your fins. Question 1: Who would give away (i.e., for FREE) a 3,500 or 4,000 gallon tank? Something that big would have cost thousands. Question 2: How the heck can anyone MOVE a tank that big?

It's a nice dream -- to be given a massive tank. :hyper: But that's all this guy was posting...a dream. :zz

Chuck
[snapback]920668[/snapback]​
Most probably ... but wouldn't it be :cool: ??

JDS said:
Most probably ... but wouldn't it be :cool: ??
[snapback]920697[/snapback]​

Absolutely! :thumbs:

But how would you clean a tank like that? You'd have to get into your swimtrunks and use a snorkel. Someone mentioned that a tank that size wouldn't need water changes. Thank goodness for that!

3,500-4,000 gallons seems almost too big. I'd be happy with something smaller...say, a mere 1,000 gallons! :lol:

Chuck

Id either go for a mermaid, one of those hot ones...or if you dont want fish how about one of those personal subs that the japanesse had back in WWII?

HI

Have you think of AMAZON tank,

Heavy planted,

A shoal of neon and some kind's of tetra...

And A GROUP OF DISCUS FISH....

It's will be AWESOME

You should get a huge RO system, UV with high capacity to prevent's disease..

AND UNLIMITED ACOUNT IN THE BANK!!!

Injoing With Your UNBELIEVABLE Tank,,, :cool:

Best Wishes...

Chuck & Veronica said:
SlowSwim said:
this is asuming that he/she gets this tank. and even then is able to fit it anywhere..
[snapback]920599[/snapback]​

Really people, the orginal poster had to be pulling your fins. Question 1: Who would give away (i.e., for FREE) a 3,500 or 4,000 gallon tank? Something that big would have cost thousands. Question 2: How the heck can anyone MOVE a tank that big?

It's a nice dream -- to be given a massive tank. :hyper: But that's all this guy was posting...a dream. :zz

Chuck
[snapback]920668[/snapback]​

quite frankly who gives a damn, i reakon most people had figured it's a hoax of some level from the beginning but it's nice to think what you would do in there.

Yeah relly.
UIt gets people's imagintaion flowing....

" 3,500 gallon tank - what to put in?! "

Funny, if I had the time and money to afford and maintain such a large tank I would know EXACTLY what to put in it.

It's such a difficult decision to make. You get 1 tank that big ever, and you only ever want to set it up once, so get it right first time.

At that size, could you put bigger fish with smaller? Presumably it would be so big you would be able to have an environment where smaller fish would be able to breed before the larger fish could eat them? For instance, you might be able to keep Guppies and Oscars together. Sure the mollies would get eaten (survival of the fittest) but enough would be produced for the tank to never effectively "run out" so to speak, especially if there were plenty of hiding places.

If this is serious then here are a few pointers.

I would treat this as a small koi pool & use sump filtration, say a 6ft sump & a strong pond pump to circulate. To heat you could use a gas powered heat exchanger. To light it would have to be a row of low powered halides, or if you live in a bungalow a translucent roof!!

15tons of water, your'e looking at the weight of a lorry!!

Where are you going to put this??? Do you live in a mansion lol :lol: My room is about 20 ft long, and just looking at it now, thinking of your tank, omg is all i can say lol, Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh Have you got any pics of it???

C x :*

If it is real, how great would that look as a marine set up !!! :wub:

It would be like bringing the ocean home, literally lmao !! :hyper:

You could charge an entrance fee for your house lol

C x

i saw a lovely tank yesterday it was 15ft long-6ft wide and 4ft deep and it was full of rays, giraffees, other catfish, fire eel, and some flags, and it was drawdropping :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back