3,500 gallon tank - what to put in?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ChrisCook

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well folks, I've been offered a 3,500 gallon tank.
25 foot long, 5 foot wide and 5 foot deep. I'll probably be taking it and waiting until I have room before doing anything with it, but in the mean time I can only fantasise about what I'll be stocking it with!

If you had this tank, then what would you do with it?

Chris

arowanas's, rays, catfish, bichirs, few large cichlids. basically my current tank on a bigger scale!

ChrisCook said:
Well folks, I've been offered a 3,500 gallon tank.
25 foot long, 5 foot wide and 5 foot deep. I'll probably be taking it and waiting until I have room before doing anything with it, but in the mean time I can only fantasise about what I'll be stocking it with!

If you had this tank, then what would you do with it?

Chris
[snapback]884161[/snapback]​

3500 gallons :S

Thats a lot of water :fun: :cool:

Unless I miss my calculations, 25x5x5 is actually 4675 gallons. Of course some of that will be displaced by substrate, decoration, etc. Of course, 1" of gravel will displace about 78 gallon of water.

That would be a great native tank with bass, bream, catfish, etc. Of course that goes back to the ethical question earlier this week about fishing and taking fish from their natural pond/river habitat and putting them in a tank. I'd have to build another building for that. Wouldn't fit in any room in my house other that the great room.

You should put in many, many shoals of schooling fish. At least 200 of each: cardinals, rummy nose tetras, black neons, hatchets, and add many discus and plecs and everything to clean your tank! Man what a cleaning job that must be

Or you could always listen to Fella and buy 3,500 neons :drool:

Would the floor in the average house (with a basement) hold that much weight? I technically have a 3 level house (Basment, Main floor, 2nd Floor), and I'd put it on the main floor. Would it just fall through?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back