29g Saltwater Nano Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Definitely not final, but here it is with water and all equipment!
1FB3EE88-C51E-4A7E-A1A6-C1CF8F74DBE8.jpeg

C58F171B-598F-46E5-9906-67D0BE98772C.jpeg

The tank just has a little artificial anemone in it right now, just for laughs. ;)

811FD02F-3F31-42FF-8ABF-6A51E8703DB8.jpeg

Turned the Tidal up to MAX for this one. I want that water clear my tomorrow.

Moving 5, 5g buckets of saltwater wasn’t necessary easy, but it was a good days workout! :flex:

——

I am impressed already with the build quality of the light. Nicrew did another good job!! :good:

——

Salinity of the whole tank is 1.026 - pretty proud of myself for getting close! I will add some freshwater and see if it goes down to 1.020-1.024.

View attachment 134551
View attachment 134552
The tank just has a little artificial anemone in it right now, just for laughs. ;)

View attachment 134553

Moving 5, 5g buckets of saltwater wasn’t necessary easy, but it was a good days workout! :flex:

——

I am impressed already with the build quality of the light. Nicrew did another good job!! :good:

——

Salinity of the whole tank is 1.026 - pretty proud of myself for getting close! I will add some freshwater and see if it goes down to 1.020-1.024.
Question: Will spongebob be included?:rofl:

Question: Will spongebob be included?:rofl:
Nope! No Pineapple, duh. ?

—-

The filter doesn’t have any carbon or any floss, because the floss I did have in there totally fell apart. So much for clear water? :rolleyes:

—-

The filter doesn’t have any carbon or any floss, because the floss I did have in there totally fell apart. So much for clear water? :rolleyes:
Oh no! Do you have anything in the filter at all?

As far as the bottled bacteria goes... I don’t want to add it just yet, because I fear there’s not enough media to start a healthy bb colony.

When I do add it, I will need to add 3.28oz. (Math on that: Whole bottle treats 75 gallons and the amount of fluid in the bottle is 8.45oz. 8.45oz ÷ 75 = 0.11. Then, 0.11 x 29 = 3.28 (29 for the gallons in the tank)

—-

the anemone looks like one of those spike balls you put in the washing machine

View attachment 134551
View attachment 134552

View attachment 134553

——

——

I'd shoot for 1.025.

In future, make up the salt water 24 hours before using it in the tank. And use less salt than you think you need so the salinity doesn't go too high. You can add salt easier than removing it. The salinity will fluctuate over the first 12-24 hours as all the salt dissolves. Removing a small amount of salt water from the tank and adding some fresh water will reduce the salt level.

Put some course sponge in the filter. Buy a sponge for an AquaClear HOB filter and use a pair of scissors to cut the sponge so it fits in your filter.

Don't add filter bacteria until you have the filter media and live rock in the tank.

Did you dechlorinate the freshwater before using it?

And just for laughs, have you bought a bigger net yet :)

In future, make up the salt water 24 hours before using it in the tank. And use less salt than you think you need so the salinity doesn't go too high. You can add salt easier than removing it. The salinity will fluctuate over the first 12-24 hours as all the salt dissolves. Removing a small amount of salt water from the tank and adding some fresh water will reduce the salt level.

Put some course sponge in the filter. Buy a sponge for an AquaClear HOB filter and use a pair of scissors to cut the sponge so it fits in your filter.

Don't add filter bacteria until you have the filter media and live rock in the tank.

Did you dechlorinate the freshwater before using it?

Ohhh, ok. So the newly mixed saltwater needs to wait a whole day before I can add it? ?

I have 2 sponges in there now - one was the super course sponge that came with it, and the other was a less course Tetra sponge.

Ok, I won’t add the bottled bacteria just quite yet.

Yes, I did use Seachem Prime before adding the salt, and I made sure it was mixed up really good.

89E9D208-75C1-43A4-A906-3B4999383944.jpeg

I'd shoot for 1.025.
Ok. I’ll test the salinity again this morning, and then add freshwater is needed.

Water cleared up much more!
7D0F4F19-71AD-4610-9282-9032AF054D75.jpeg
F24F8650-F243-4448-807A-8C1275AD952B.jpeg
EEB68234-C0D3-4CED-9758-09F5915B3888.jpeg

I love how the all blue setting makes the pink tips glow:
D10986CA-B13A-4E7E-9A78-2A70186485E1.jpeg

Glass has salt deposits I believe? How do I clean these off? I already tried Windex and it didn’t work:
3E0ECFBF-6AD8-40CB-BB2B-981D2CFAB71E.jpeg
I love the coarseness of this sand and the color:
EE0A0998-CCCE-489F-8016-D5F8B13657D6.jpeg

So the newly mixed saltwater needs to wait a whole day before I can add it? ?
When you have livestock in the tank and are doing water changes, you do need to make the water up 24 hours before adding it to the tank. This allows the salt to dissolve completely and you can get the salinity correct before adding it to the tank.

What's wrong with your dog's eyes?
They stick out side ways, that's just wrong. How does he chase things and not run into walls?

Glass has salt deposits I believe? How do I clean these off? I already tried Windex and it didn’t work:
Water and Methylated Spirits or just water on a damp sponge.

Don't use Windex or other cleaning products on tanks because they normally leave a residue behind and it can get into the tank if you touch the glass then work in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back