29 gallon tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ph is a little high, I'm not sure why though. All other parameters are at normal levels.
Did you move your filter over? It normally takes a bit to fully cycle and stabilize. Test your PH at a later time and see if it’s better. It fluctuates throughout the day. :) The driftwood may bring it down some too.

Pictures, as promised!

DB503D5F-68B1-4C10-ADA7-B0B426CCFBF2.jpeg

4E008FEA-3B0A-43AB-9AC2-C09903943557.jpeg

4CBAE496-D042-423E-8E1D-516537F26D1E.jpeg

E60D9544-CCAC-4B0B-A3C5-18710D4D0235.jpeg

ECCEAD0C-6510-4AFF-89F3-F97E2E35A26E.jpeg

On that last picture, that’s my filter. My pleco (which you saw in pictures #2 and #3) was between the white cartridge and the pink cartridge. That was the water level as well. He climbed up at least 2 inches.

Please note, I am going to do a lot more work on this tank. The layout you see here will probably change, a lot. :)

@Deanasue you seeing these? Any suggestions on the tank would be greatly appreciated. :)

I love it so far and so excited for you! Lower your water just a little more for now to keep pleco out. Get him something to hide in so he doesn’t climb back in filter. He’s scared right now and trying to hide. Even a small dark plastic cup will work for now. What about that volcano I sent you? Can you turn it on it’s side for him to hide in until you get something else? Be sure to feed the pleco since the tank is new and no algae to snack on.

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, that’s a good idea with the volcano, will do. How about shrimp? Do you know how to make a DIY feeding tray so the wafer doesn’t decay and turn the sand black? I had this problem in my 10g.

Thanks! Yes, that’s a good idea with the volcano, will do. How about shrimp? Do you know how to make a DIY feeding tray so the wafer doesn’t decay and turn the sand black? I had this problem in my 10g.
I have a small clear glass feed dish for my shrimp. Got a shot glass? You can bury it a little in the sand and drop the wafer in there.

These are great too because you can stick them on the side of tank away from sand. EBay.
D1836F49-6C0A-4B29-875F-E944D2028BCE.jpeg

Nice start, I'm for more plants and a background picture for the back of the tank. There is a lot you could do so take you time deciding.

I’m re-scaping one of mine tomorrow. I’ll send you a pic after I’m finished and it may help you with some ideas.

So I cut the bottom part off of a clear cup and put a rock in it so it would sink. It is very shallow so the shrimp can get in there and eat. I am also planning to add more Anacharis in the back. Do you think I should add anacharis all along the back? Or just about halfway?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
So I cut the bottom part off of a clear cup and put a rock in it so it would sink. It is very shallow so the shrimp can get in there and eat. I am also planning to add more Anacharis in the back. Do you think I should add anacharis all along the back? Or just about halfway?
I personally love lots of plants. Here are pics of some of my tanks. Even the goldfish tanks have plants. Hope this gives you some ideas. Note: First tank is the one I’m the-scapung today so don’t look to hard at that one.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
They look good! Here is my DIY shrimp feeder...
20E3CFAE-F8D6-4FB8-A517-148BEEF7F37A.jpeg

It is the back, it’s kinda hard to see. Still no shrimp in there though and I put it in there 2 hours ago. Good news, my pleco found a hiding spot! It is on the back side of the driftwood piece, underneath it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back