29 Gallon Stocking

Lindsey88

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 10 gallon right now with 5 zebra danios (1 long finned, 1 normal, 1 red glofish, 1 green glofish, and one orange glowfish) 3 cories (1 peppered, one albino, and one bronze) and 1 mystery snail. Yes this is probably overstocked but they all seem to be doing well. I want to upgrade them to a 29 gallon and use my 10 gallon for something else possibly some type of species tank or something. What could I add along with what I have to the 29 to stock it?
 
In a 30 gallon with your current stock I would suggest adding some more Cory. Cory do best in a group since when alone they tend to stress more and it shortens there life span. Also not all cory types will be fully social with each other from what I hear. I would suggest maybe 5 of each? As for the top layer you have alot of options. Rasbora, Tetra (need a mature tank of 6months), Angels, Livebearers, Rams, Barbs.

I will be getting a 30 gallon myself and I plan to have some Louche, Cherry Barbs, Molly and Tetras or Rasbora.
 
I don't think it's a question of over stock more a question of size :shifty: How big is the tank? I have zebra's in a 120 litre, 80cm tank and they defo use all of that space bombing all over the place/chasing etc. My limited experience says they like a bit more room than a 10gal, but I think they would still be healthy so long as the tank has the all important cycle going.
 
How does this sound?
2 angelfish
2 blue gourami
6 long finned black skirt tetras
2 albino cories
2 bronze cories
3 peppered cories
5 zebra danios
3 mystery snails?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top