29 gallon stock

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I thought most cories like between 74-78 or am I wrong?
It's just that you mentionned cooler water, cooler water for me is in between 18-22°c, but yes most cories like the temperature you mentionned except panda cory (probably also others) like cooler water. To the other extreme there is the sterbai cory and adolfoi I think that likes warmer water like 78°f.

It will be a little lower when it isn’t so hot out where I live cause my parents don’t turn up the AC.

But what would the best stock for my tank be in the end?

I think the first thing you need to acknowledge is that you have a mix of corydoras. Each species of corydoras will try to only shoal with the same species or similar looking. So I would say you need to rehome the panda and peppered corydoras in the future.

If you temperature is sitting around 75, most community fish should work, just basing off temperature. Go research some fish, make a list of ones you like and come back here for a second opinion.

I think most Tetras(Characin) and Rasboras(Cyprinids) species are ok as long you get the smaller species.

Tetras : Neon, Glowlight, Black Neon, Rosy Tetra, Ember, etc.

Rasboras : Harlequin, Espei, Hengeli, etc.

I think the first thing you need to acknowledge is that you have a mix of corydoras. Each species of corydoras will try to only shoal with the same species or similar looking. So I would say you need to rehome the panda and peppered corydoras in the future.

If you temperature is sitting around 75, most community fish should work, just basing off temperature. Go research some fish, make a list of ones you like and come back here for a second opinion.
Thank you everyone for the reply. I will try to find some time to go to my LFS and see the options that they have, make a listen, then I'll come back or make a new forum!

If I were to rehome the cories (for instance move the green ones and then buy more peppered and pandas), would I be able to keep cories in a SA cichlid tank?

Most reactions

trending

Back