29 Gallon Fish Tank

• Thread starter Deleted member 137695
  • Start date
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
D

Deleted member 137695

OK OK, I know you are coming here to yell at me for this idea but just listen. For a while I've really wanted to have a Cichlid tank, specifically peacocks, I am in love with this fish. Right now I dont have the room or the budget to buy a 55 gallon aquarium. I've already bought and added sand and argonite sand for the bottom of the tank. Today I am building many thin caves along the back stacked up for the cichlids to hide in. My plan is to add a 75 gallon filter later on and an 18 inch air stone to put along the back wall. I am willing to work hard to keep up the maintenance on this tank and again I KNOW that its a little small anyway.

Plan A: IF I AM ABLE, how many peacocks can and should I put in there (I want have a good/smaller amount butenough to the point where they wont eachother). Also for this to work do I need to get rid of my demasoni?

Plan B: I would go with mbunas but I heard that they dont do good in there because of the aggression in a small tank (I also heard peacock are more peaceful but still territorial.

Plan C: Get 1 peacock cichlid and put it in my 29. If this is possible or whatever, what are some tank mates that can go with it? I know not a lot because of how high the ph and other factors. If I get the peacock will I have to get rid of the demasoni?

I really want this to work and im willing to work hard for this tank. Sorry I forgot to put this up there my biggest tank is a 29 gallon. Please help me.

I know this doesn't answer your entire question but mbunas are fine in a 29 gallon tank. I have demasoni, and its questionable whether or not all my fish will be alive a year from now, but as for my yellow labs and red zebras, they're quite peaceful compared to the demasoni.

Attachments

• fish.jpeg
    fish.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 90

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back