28 Litre Aquariums - What Can You Put In Them?

wilchil64

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
281
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
York, UK
Hi,

Sorry, this may seem like a stupid question, but I keep seeing the Aquastart 28 litre aquariums (approx. 30cm W, 38cm H, 33cm D. ) and would really like one for my desk, but am wondering what people keep in them? I don't want to raise fry because I would be worried I wouldn't have anyone to take them.

I have seen mentions of keeping siamese fighting fish in them. I know they are beautiful, but is just one fish entertaining? At my local LFS he had pygmy cories in with a siamese fighting fish (I think they were, they were very small bottom dwelling fish anyway) and another time he had endlers in there on their own. He also had some very small red fish with tiny red shrimps at one point ...

Something else I thought of was keeping a pair of killi fish, they are so beautiful, but again worried about the eggs/fry?

So, what do you all have in yours and what would you recommend?

Thanks.
 
How about a small group of Microrasbora nana? Or you could go with a single fighter with some pygmy corydoras. Killifish would also be suitable as these are adapted to living in small bodies of water.
 
betta, cherry shrimp, snails, even a few guppies, a single puffer. Options are limited. You could just aquascape it and add a few shrimp - this gives a beautiful look.
Microrasbora nana can be hard to get hold of.
 
M. nana certainly aren't hard to get hold of, and most good aquatic stores (such as Maidenhead aquatics) stock them.
 
betta, cherry shrimp, snails, even a few guppies, a single puffer. Options are limited. You could just aquascape it and add a few shrimp - this gives a beautiful look.
Microrasbora nana can be hard to get hold of.

I haven't seen Microrasbora nana locally but will have a look around, they look great.

What sort of puffer? Sorry, thought they were marine fish, apart from dwarf ones?
 
I think he means dwarf puffers (Carinotetraodon travancoricus). Others such as Figure of eight puffers would grow too big.
 
I've seen them in North lakes aquatics several times and I've also seen them in Pier aquatics and CMC in Wigan. Further south Shirley aquatics had them a few times and I've also seen them in Wharf aquatics.
 
nice one. These fella's look great in a species aquascaped tank, beautiful little fish.
 
I've seen them in North lakes aquatics several times and I've also seen them in Pier aquatics and CMC in Wigan. Further south Shirley aquatics had them a few times and I've also seen them in Wharf aquatics.

I'm near York, so bit too far for me to go to get them.

Will ask my LFS if he can get them and otherwise look at online shops ...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top