260l Planted Tank Stocking Ideas

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

#1 Fish Fan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys!

At the minute I have a 260L tank full of plants. I have decided I want some fish in with them. The tank has been set up for nearly a year now. I do sell those plants but I always keep a few in there so I need fish that can cope with constand plant removal and plants being put in. I did have a school of neon tetras in the tank before and it was and still is fully cycled (fishless.)

I have already had a suggestion of New World Cichlids from Ps3Steveo but I do not know which species and how many.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
--------------------------------
Maria
xx

How do you solve a problem like that Maria?
wahey.gif

I don't like contradicting Steve, and I'm probably wrong anyway, but I thought any cichlids tended to be a bit anti-plant.

I get lost when it comes to sensible size tanks, since my experience is all with small ones, but I'd have a massive shoal of Celestial Pearl Danios.

How have you kept the tank cycled? Have you been dosing with ammonia? If not will the bacteria not have all dies now and you'll have to recycle?

With regards to I'm guessing you'd need something pretty hardy and nothing too nervous.

Yes, I have kept it cycled and whenever I do test the water. At the minute my results are perfect! If they even have a slight tweak I get some water changes to get them back to normal!

lockman, Ps3Steveo said to me that all species of tropical fish like, love, plants!

Yeah, what lock meant was that an awful lot of the New Worlds like to eat plants!

I would just find a nice species of tetra that you like and go for a big shoal :)

Apistos, rams, and other dwarf cichlids like that will generally leave plants alone; mine do. My angels did seem to have a thing for ripping apart cabomba, so I took it out, and the apistos don't touch any of my plants.

Ok, thank you.

MBOU, how many tetras could go in that tank?

I was thinking of having 2,3 or 4 different schools of tetras that look and go nicely together.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back