24 Blue Led Beam Bar Lights Lamp For Aquarium Fish Tank

I would buy one if the plug-in was made for a US outlet...lol.
cut the plug off, buy an american one, wire it up, bobs ya uncle!!!
:lol: a sparky after my own heart, seriously they may actually fit your us fitting's if not go to a hardware store and get a holiday socket from us to is it sinapore or somewhere like that

For the record as a singaporean resident I can tell you its a 3 pin UK plug socket which is typical there however a lot of the items are imported from American reference countries so need to use a quite a few travel adapters.
 
I would buy one if the plug-in was made for a US outlet...lol.
cut the plug off, buy an american one, wire it up, bobs ya uncle!!!

Yeah I know. I did that one time for another product I bought off ebay from Hong Kong. The product said the step-down transformer brought the voltage from 110V to 9v. So I wired a step-down transformer in series with it, with the correct output. I check the voltage with a voltmeter to make sure it was correct and it was. So then I wired it up to the device and it fried it :unsure: ...maybe I was pushing too much current(amps) idk.

So I dont really feel like messing around with another one again right now...lol But with LEDs, they will only operate if only the correct voltage is supplied, and more. Which is a pretty small amount, so I could do it , just don't really feel like it. :/

Plus, I dont have a lot of money right now being in College and all :sad: ...every penny I have helps right now...lol...Maybe I will when I get my taxes back, just like I am buying a bigger filter! :hyper:

Also with this light bar, and others like it, would it be okay to have it run all night? Or when would you use it? Wouldn't the main light source flood out the blue LEDs when running it during the day?

-FHM

You really shouldn't have done that :unsure: If your led's blew you can only drive too much current through them if the voltage is too high so your meter must have been lying..

Also a lot of these adapters are not transformers in the traditional sense they are switched mode power supplies, so the results of connecting in series could be interesting :hyper: The good news here is that quite often they will operate from about 90V to 260V without problem and that is why many of them have the prongs you can unclip to change to other standards :good: Obviously this will be stated on the rear of the device.
 
said i should recieve sometime in the next few days was despatched on march 1st
 
Mine turned up today. :)

Packaging was a little, er, flaky, but it managed to survive the trip. Those of you that were worried can rest assured that it has a UK adaptor, and works just fine. The LED bar itself is flexible rubber which makes it handy for installing.

Pretty good for the price. :good:
 
received mine too,

its a little diddier than i expected but should be useful for something
 
Anyone able to get a picture of the strip as it arrived, and what effect it has over the tank? Knowing what size tank it's fitted over would be good too :)
Thanks :good:
 
Its only 9.5inches in length so i doubt it will have much effect on my tank,

17032009209.jpg
 
Cheers. Pretty intense, whats that a 2ft tank? (12" tall?)
 
Not exactly, it's 18"x10".

I've just shoved the thing on top of the bracer bar at the back of the tank (like I say, temporary fit!), though, so you can probably get a better spread if you mount it properly in the middle of your hood. You can even just bung it in the water if you wanted, it's sealed.
 
Iv got myself one of theses and iv noticed the plug gets pretty hot is this just mine or not?

I only have it on 3hours top's.
 
Yeah, mine gets pretty hot too, and I have it on 2-3 hours ... nothing to worry about though ... is it? :huh:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top