22l fish tank stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

FishEs2978

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all so I now have an empty 22l fish tank , it has three annubais ( defo not how u spell it ) and something that looks a bit like a nicer Java fern but with red stalks ? It also has two small pieces of bogwood an extra small plant and Dave my moss ball . Iā€™m going to Maidenhead aquatics next weekend to get a few more plants any ideas ? Iā€™m unsure what to get though ?? Iā€™m young so my budget is quite low was looking at max Ā£30.00 for all fish and plants - was considering a male betta would that work ? Also have 4 Amano shrimp in another tank that id like in there would it work or are there other small fish ? Mind you my fish shop is very basic doesnā€™t have all of these exotics breeds as Iā€™m on the UK

61891CC7-16C2-4A06-B416-A89E55B9871C.jpeg
This is it a few weeks ago Iā€™ve taken the left plant out and replace it making the two corners nice and the rest open Iā€™ll get another photo soon along with measurements

A betta - provided your water is not extra hard - is the only fish suitable for a 22 litre tank, in my opinion. Shrimps are also an option - though if they would be with a betta, he might decide they were an expensive snack!

I too have an empty 22L. Originally meant for my Mosquitofish (HF) until a cheap 39L appeared locally on eBay. Unfortunately HF cost over Ā£40 inc posting per pair on eBay in the U.K.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back