200L Mbuna Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Haha I was watching that yesterday thinking "I want them stones!" look like river rocks, kinda what I'm looking for to be honest, I'm going to try a scape I have not really seen in any tank yet, if I can get the right rocks.

lol Its the Best looking tank IMO, looks great. Really natural. Is there anywhere close by to you that you may be able to get rocks from?

These rocks maybe easier to find mate and this is by far the best looking tank ive seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDV2TT55TNo

I know! its kind of random though, why they are just like there! lol

3 weeks time i hope :)

Is your new tank ND Aquatics ?

I just mentioned the dimensions and they gave me a price lol?? Its going to be double based (due to the weight) its 48"x48" So its the base that's more of a custom then the actual width, as im guessing they will just use 4 x 4ft panel's? You can have any size you want mate but costs extra.

I just mentioned the dimensions and they gave me a price lol?? Its going to be double based (due to the weight) its 48"x48" So its the base that's more of a custom then the actual width, as im guessing they will just use 4 x 4ft panel's? You can have any size you want mate but costs extra.

Holy s@#* that's one massive tank! Your going to have fun scaping and stoking that. Is that like 900L ?

lol 900L Yeah, i was going to get 6x2 to go next to the other 6x2 but i wanted the extra floor space. I know Im going to have to get in the thing haha, i cant wait to scape it (if drawn out a scape and if i can replicate it, it should look pretty d amn nice. I hope! Stocking will be the most exciting i think, should be able to have close to a 100 in there (depending on species)

Have you thought about getting a second hand 6x2 Justin? I've seen some really nice ones just recently and they are in perfect condition, with filters, lighting and you would have money left over for fish :D

lol 900L Yeah, i was going to get 6x2 to go next to the other 6x2 but i wanted the extra floor space. I know Im going to have to get in the thing haha, i cant wait to scape it (if drawn out a scape and if i can replicate it, it should look pretty d amn nice. I hope! Stocking will be the most exciting i think, should be able to have close to a 100 in there (depending on species)

Have you thought about getting a second hand 6x2 Justin? I've seen some really nice ones just recently and they are in perfect condition, with filters, lighting and you would have money left over for fish :D

I have thought about a second hand one, But I can never find one I would be happy parting with my money for.

Just added a few more pictures to the first post.

Update:

I have now got 2 wavemakers + and wavemaker controller, works good and the flow in the tank is 10x better now. I have ordered a boyu cooling fan to add to the hood to keep the temperature in check.

Also.... I got my camcorder today and I love it, here's my first (of many) video with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ox6H88FdMw&list=PL63B15E6F10A25767&index=0&feature=plcp

My dominant male startin to colour up:

saulosiACHcompetitionentryseptemberpic1_zpsbe83b4ed.jpg

saulosiACHcompetitionentryseptemberpic2_zps0be85eab.jpg

I have got 4 more Saulosi coming tomorrow from Midlands Malawis and I will be geting 11 more in about a month, I decided not to get the zebra gold but.......I am planing my next project which will be a 6ftx2ftx2ft from ND aquatics but thats not going to be for a few months (excited) :fish:

Here's a video of my tank I took today (sorry about the poor recording, it was done on my iphone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZb9gMfPZRs&feature=plcp
Hi I really like the set up of yr tank,where did you get the rock surround?

Hi,I really like the set of your tank! Where did you get the rock surround?

Update: new lighting

I did a bit of DIY on my tank today I removed the front light tube and reflector and I have added my TMC Aquabeam LED also added the controller inside the cabinet and I'm very happy with the results. I have also added a module that come with the background but I didn't use to the top/centre of the tank. Lots of breeding action but still the females are not holding full term but I have got a breeding tank almost cycled incase. Almost all the algae has gone! That have been grazing on it lots mainly because I have cut down the feeding to once a day and turn the heating down a little but hopefully the LEDs will get some good growth going. Also I swopped out one of my wave makers for a more powerful one in the hope it would push the waste towards the vents (didn't work) but the fish seem to love surfing in its wave :)

Here's a short video of the tank with its new lights (the LEDs are set to fade in and fade out so half way through is them on 100% power) hope you enjoy.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwgmrR5T8H8

P.s if you like it please rate it thumbs up.

loving the tank mate. where did ya get the background from?

Most reactions

trending

Back