2 Gallon Snail Breeding Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mwood2

Fish Addict
Reaction score
well now that the snow will slowly be melting around my house and I will be able to drive around again I am thinking about buying a small 1-2 Gallon tank and use it for breeding snails and some shrimp maybe. I will toss some gravel inside and a small heater but I am curious as to how I should look into a filter or just do daily water changes. Also what plant should I toss in there since It probaly wont have much light besides what comes by the window and the fish tank next to it unless I but a small lamp to put next to it.

So suggestions? I go to petsmart and petco by my house for the supplies so if its on there site thats what I can use. I got 100+ bucks and only a small space I can put it in.

Small sponge filter would be adequate. Most mosses and java fern would do okay with little light. Maybe anubias?

I would get a bit of duckweed as well.

would 2 gallons be good for shrimp breeding as well? Im just thinking 1 or 2 shrimp and how should I go about feeding the snails/shrimp. I hear vacation feeders, fresh veggies where good but I remember some other mixes where good also I think. Also is there any other food i can breed in there?

EDIT: also could a single ADF fit in there as well if I used a 2 Gallon? just thought about it so it could look somewhat lively in there.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back